Fly and Bike

For what it's worth, Robertson Airport (4B8) in Plainville, CT abuts the Farmington Canal Trail which is paved and continuous from there for about 25 miles into Massachusetts. If I remember right Simbury Airport (4B9) is also very close to the same trail

The training wheels will be a problem. Too awkward to maneuver in.

Just got back from taking my montague allston folding bike to I72 in the rans s21. Cool grass strip very close to the Monon trail, made it all the way to downtown Indy. They also have loaner bikes there fyi. So far have also done Cardinal greenway near MZZ, another section of the Cardinal via MIE, Katy Trail via JEF, and the Richland b&o via 0OH5. Wanted to go to VJI for the Virginia creeper trail but have to work up my courage to go over mountains heheh…
Drive to Damascus, VA and take one of the bike trips up Whitetop Mountain that's offered in a number of bike shops in that town. They take you to the top and you have a lot of fun all the way down the Creeper trail back to Damascus. Check out the Barter Theatre while you are there too.

Which make/model bike fits in a Mooney comfortably?
Late to this. Like I said, I got the cheapest folding bike with an aluminum frame on Amazon. Looks like a little clown bike, but it gets the job done. Most any of those will fit the luggage bay. Maybe you can fit a regular bike with the big wheels, I haven't tried.

Drive to Damascus, VA and take one of the bike trips up Whitetop Mountain that's offered in a number of bike shops in that town. They take you to the top and you have a lot of fun all the way down the Creeper trail back to Damascus. Check out the Barter Theatre while you are there too.
No, avoid the area….rattlesnakes, bears, poison ivy, bugs, meth-crazed rednecks….tourists not welcome.

Fly into Grand Haven MI (3GM) and just southwest of the field is The Electric Bike Place. They rent electric bikes by the hour or day. Lots of trails to / along Lake Michigan.

https://electricbikeplace.com/
I am over in the Mason - Lansing area. I would love to find out more about the trails near 3GM. We went into Holland on Saturday but didnt have our bikes with us. We have a couple of Zizzo Urbano's that fit in the back of my RV 9. Always looking for places to fly!

KMGN has a bike trail that is just behind the FBO that takes you to either Harbor Springs or Petoskey Michigan in 5-6 miles. And would make a great base for a day trip to Mackinaw Island (~30nm flight, and much cheaper hotels/B&Bs).
I think I will give that a try. I just got 2 folding bikes and looking for places to fly. Thanks for the info.

I think I will give that a try. I just got 2 folding bikes and looking for places to fly. Thanks for the info.
I got 2 Zizzo Urbano bikes. They easily fit in the back of my RV 9. Monday we are going to Boyne Mountain to ride around and get lunch. Maybe drop in at Mackinac Island. image2.jpeg image4.jpeg

Back