Fluid Leak Under Landing Gear Doors

MJR Pilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
MJR Pilot
I fly a Piper Arrow II (PA-28R-200). On Friday I completed a 2-hour night flight, and during preflight inspection the next morning, I noticed a small puddle of brown fluid on the ground underneath the landing gear door. I've attached a photo here. Am checking with my shop as well but would appreciate any views on what this might be and whether it's a "no-go" issue. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Fluid leak.jpg
    Fluid leak.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 51
Nose gear area? Look for an engine breather vent tube under that spot. Looks like oil & water mix, which would not be unusual in cooler weather.

Thank you both. There are 3 narrow black rubber tubes coming out of the landing gear door just above where the puddle formed - not sure if those are the breather tubes? Plane is located in New Jersey - temps have been between 32 - 40 F over the last 2 days.

Thank you both. There are 3 narrow black rubber tubes coming out of the landing gear door just above where the puddle formed - not sure if those are the breather tubes? Plane is located in New Jersey - temps have been between 32 - 40 F over the last 2 days.

yes. This type of issue is common and it’s what breather tubes do.

Oh dear. Crankcase pressure…..check exhaust hiss @ the pile at TDC of the compression stroke……

Where can I find the aviation equivalent to this?
know-your-auto-fluids-t-shirt-39.gif

(Great place to get T shirts btw...)

it's oil/water, breather tube. It's a lyco, normal normal. Go fly. I own an Arrow II.

Back