Flu shot..How long between shots?

1600vw

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
H.A.S.
How long should one wait between shots? If you got a flu shot in January, should you get another in September?

Or does it not matter how long you wait. Could you get another shot in March if you received your shot in January?

Tony

You're really scared of the flu or something?

I think the flu vaccine is developed new each year to protect against the anticipated strain for that year's flu season. I expect that if the vaccine hasn't changed from the last shot there is no reason to get another.

Actual flu has a certain mortality rate.

Not to mention those that feel so lousy they wish they were dead.

It is NOT just a bad cold.

So, yes, it's something to be afraid of and avoid if at all possible.

Especially those at high risk. At 65 I'm one of those.

There's also the fact that you might be healthy enough to ward off the worst, but spread the virus to the very young and the elderly who might actually perish. I personally consider allowing one's self to be a disease vector is socially irresponsible.

But it remains optional for most people, and hence an individual decision.

I always get vaccinated, and the OP asked a valid question.

Last edited:

My elderly Mother and I got into this conversation. The lady at the pharmacy told her anytime after march you can get another flu shot.

I told Mom that answer was to faque. For what if you received your flu shot in Feb. Should you get another in march?

But yes everyone should be concerned with the Flu. If you did not know this, the flu of 1918 was so server, it stopped a war.

http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/

Taken from this article I posted....

The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351. Known as "Spanish Flu" or "La Grippe" the influenza of 1918-1919 was a global disaster.

Last edited:
My elderly Mother and I got into this conversation. The lady at the pharmacy told her anytime after march you can get another flu shot.

I told Mom that answer was to faque. For what if you received your flu shot in Feb. Should you get another in march?

But yes everyone should be concerned with the Flu. If you did not know this, the flu of 1918 was so server, it stopped a war.

http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/

Taken from this article I posted....

The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351. Known as "Spanish Flu" or "La Grippe" the influenza of 1918-1919 was a global disaster.

Faque - a gay way to say fake. I assume this is a mistype??

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faque

I thought Faque meant...Not quite clear..

It may, I have never heard the term so I used my google fu, which is not very strong by the way....

But anyway, it apparently is the "gay way" to say fake.

LOL, Fague, proper English for fag. Once again, I googled it. I've never heard these terms before hence my curiosity.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fague

Man I need to stay off the computer before my first cup of coffee.

Vague is what I meant, I believe you knew this but want to draw me out. Sometimes all of us need a little help. But just run me around. That's ok I can deal with it.

But staying on topic....I believe the lady at the Pharmacy was all wet telling my Mother to get a flu shot anytime after march.

Man I need to stay off the computer before my first cup of coffee.

Vague is what I meant, I believe you knew this but want to draw me out. Sometimes all of us need a little help. But just run me around. That's ok I can deal with it.

But staying on topic....I believe the lady at the Pharmacy was all wet telling my Mother to get a flu shot anytime after march.

Sorry, I did think it was a mistype of vague at first but wasn't sure, that was funny though.

Back to the original post, I get the flu shot every year for the last 25 years, I started when I got the flu 2 years in a row, and the second year was sick for 2 months with secondary ear infections, my doctor suggested it might be a good idea get the flu shot every year, and it was.

I have been told that late October is a good time as the shot gives it's best protection for a period of time starting a few weeks after the shot and then becomes less effective as time goes by.

Sorry, I did think it was a mistype of vague at first but wasn't sure, that was funny though.

Back to the original post, I get the flu shot every year for the last 25 years, I started when I got the flu 2 years in a row, and the second year was sick for 2 months with secondary ear infections, my doctor suggested it might be a good idea get the flu shot every year, and it was.

I have been told that late October is a good time as the shot gives it's best protection for a period of time starting a few weeks after the shot and then becomes less effective as time goes by.

Just passing along that a good friend of mine who was a year younger than me (early 50's) died of flu last year. He was in fairly good health prior to contracting the flu - he had typical white-anglo late middle age problems plus an abused gut from working long hours and eating quick-stop & cafe food four days a week.

Take the flu shot or not, call your primary care physician if you contract the flu. Take care of yourself if you contract the flu.

Influenza is indeed a very big deal, you either die or wish you were dead. Few people have had it, those that have know it. The vaccines come out from year to year to deal with the strains most likely to be encountered. If you're really concerned you can find out against which strains the vaccine you're taking has specificity (influenza strains are all numbered). If the next vaccine is derived against the same strains of influenza it is indeed superfluous.

Not a problem. If you knew me you would know its amazing I can even write or read. I dropped my bike at 130 mph no helmet, slid 400' down the road on my head. Lost most the right side of my face ear and all.

After 5 plastic surgeries I look pretty darn good. Today its tough to even tell unless I show you the big skin graft area on my upper right forehead and my half an ear.

Anyway.

How often should one get this shot. My mom seems to believe every six months you should be getting this shot.

I got mine in January of this year. I went to Texas and at that time everyone is Texas was getting ill. So three weeks before I leave I get my flu shot.

The day I arrived in Texas my cousin who I went to see was in bed with the flu. I stayed at her place for a few days then came home. I never got sick.

Mon keeps pushing me to go get another shot. I told her in a couple months. She was not happy. My Mom is 100% Italian and very headstrong.

Tony

P.S. Have you ever seen everybody Loves Ramon..His mom in that show..Is my mom 100%. To the T....

Last edited:
Not a problem. If you knew me you would know its amazing I can even write or read. I dropped my bike at 130 mph no helmet, slid 400' down the road on my head. Lost most the right side of my face ear and all.

After 5 plastic surgeries I look pretty darn good. Today its tough to even tell unless I show you the big skin graft area on my upper right forehead and my half an ear.

Anyway.

How often should one get this shot. My mom seems to believe every six months you should be getting this shot.

I got mine in January of this year. I went to Texas and at that time everyone is Texas was getting ill. So three weeks before I leave I get my flu shot.

The day I arrived in Texas my cousin who I went to see was in bed with the flu. I stayed at her place for a few days then came home. I never got sick.

Mon keeps pushing me to go get another shot. I told her in a couple months. She was not happy. My Mom is 100% Italian and very headstrong.

Tony

P.S. Have you ever seen everybody Loves Ramon..His mom in that show..Is my mom 100%. To the T....

Wow, glad you've recovered, that had to have been painful.

I'm not a doctor so I can't really answer your question, you should really ask your doctor. If you don't have one, you should get one. I tell my kids this all the time, voice of experience here, that they should find a general practitioner , get physicals as required and maintain a relationship. That way when stuff comes up you get right in or you can get questions like this answered by someone you trust. When I went thru that flu incident two years in a row I went to walk in clinics and got what I believe now is substandard care.

Anyway, it seems to me a flu shot every 6 months would not be a problem, but again I am not a doctor. That said it probably doesn't help either and may put you at increased risk of an adverse reaction. You should really call a doctor and maybe a doctor here will pipe in also.
Good luck!

PS, just curious, what is your opinion of helmets and helmet laws now after your accident?

I believe its a personal choice. I was stupid for not using one. This happened on August 31 1987. Took me a year to recover, then I really was not recovered but wanted to go back to work so bad.

I walked into my doctors office holding my body cast. I told him I was done with it. I have been in one of those twice now.

Would I ever ride again without one. NO WAY. I use a helmet today when I fly.

I am working on a Doctor it has to do with our insurance or in my case lack of. Medicare does not cut it. Doctor will not see me without something else besides Medicare.

Tony

It may, I have never heard the term so I used my google fu, which is not very strong by the way....

But anyway, it apparently is the "gay way" to say fake.

I thought it was a typo for vague.

I believe its a personal choice. I was stupid for not using one. This happened on August 31 1987. Took me a year to recover, then I really was not recovered but wanted to go back to work so bad.

I walked into my doctors office holding my body cast. I told him I was done with it. I have been in one of those twice now.

Would I ever ride again without one. NO WAY. I use a helmet today when I fly.

I am working on a Doctor it has to do with our insurance or in my case lack of. Medicare does not cut it. Doctor will not see me without something else besides Medicare.

Tony
If all you need is the flu shot, the local drug store or costco will have them. Cheaper, too, and may take medicare. Got mine at Costco, $15.

If all you need is the flu shot, the local drug store or costco will have them. Cheaper, too, and may take medicare. Got mine at Costco, $15.

This is not the problem. The problem I believe is the lady at the pharmacy is just selling flu shots and cares less how often you get one. To make the statement get one anytime after March to me is not correct.

Like I told my mom, what if you just received your flu shot in Feb. You should not get another in March.

This lady told my mom that the previous years flu shot is no good after March. I laugh at this statement. Ha Ha Ha.

My 80 something year old mom took this as a fact. I tried to explain this lady is not given facts just a general statement and do not take what she is saying to heart. I told her I was waiting until at least 9 months before I get another.

I will not repeat what my Italian Mother had to say about that. Lets just say I am a no good son for not listening to my Mother...lol

Italian women.....

Tony

This lady told my mom that the previous years flu shot is no good after March.

Did she say why? Is there an expiration date on their batch of vaccine doses? Is the next year's vaccine on the way by then?

Around Oct 15 each year works for me. Also get the pneumonia shot, good for 5 years.

This lady told my mom that the previous years flu shot is no good after March. I laugh at this statement. Ha Ha Ha.
I am not a doctor, although I stay in quite a few Holiday Inn Expresses. But I found this, which is pretty much what I understood. We have a flu shot clinic at work and they usually come in September.

When should one receive the flu vaccine?

It is recommended to get the flu vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available in the community, even as early as August. Flu season can begin in October and last as late as May.

http://www.medicinenet.com/flu_vaccination/page3.htm#when_should_one_receive_the_flu_vaccine

How long should one wait between shots? If you got a flu shot in January, should you get another in September?

Or does it not matter how long you wait. Could you get another shot in March if you received your shot in January?

Tony

It's not a booster deal. Flu shots go by strain. You should get the flu shot that's got the current strain. You don't need more than one for the same strain.

The CDC makes a guess each summer (a highly educated guess, we hope) about which flu strains will be the prevalent ones next winter. Then the vaccine manufacturers start cranking out their products. Some years they guess better than others. But even if they guess poorly the vaccine will still provide some protection against the prevalent strain, because they're like cousins in the same family. Only an egg allergy (they grow the viruses in eggs) should keep anyone from getting an annual flu shot.
R. Sparks, M.D.
Decatur, AL
ATP, CFII, MEI, AGI

Yes get your flu shot this month or early next month

I was in a rite aid ,was offered the shot for free,the store was offering the new vaccine. Would have taken it but I was sick ,at the time.

Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that has been used for decades in the United States in multi-dose vials of some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs, bacteria and fungi, that can contaminate them.Thimerosal is a compound that is 49.6% mercury by weight. I for one do not see the need to get a shot that contains mercury.

Did you know that during the 2012-2013 flu season, the flu vaccine's effectiveness was found to be just 56 percent across all age groups reviewed by the CDC in essence, the statistical equivalent of a coin toss. In seniors, aged 65 and over, the US flu vaccines were only nine percent effective.

The 'gold standard' of independent scientific evaluation and analysis, the Cochrane Database Review, has issued no less than five reports between 2006 and 2010, all of which decimate the myth that flu vaccinations are the most effective flu prevention method available.

In average conditions, when a flu vaccine at least partially matches the circulating virus, 100 people need to be vaccinated in order to avoid just ONE set of influenza symptoms, according to Cochrane’s findings.

Yet as another flu season approaches, all these facts are wholly ignored by conventional medicine and media alike, and you’ll certainly never see them mentioned in any flu vaccine promotion campaign.

Unfortunately, in addition to the fact they may not be nearly as effective as advertised, flu vaccines can, and do, cause harm. The featured video is a potent reminder of what vaccine damage can look like, and why it’s so important to make well-informed decisions about all vaccinations, including routine ones.While death and complete disability from a flu vaccine may be rare, so is dying from the flu itself. So I strongly recommend weighing the risk of suffering a debilitating side effect of the flu vaccine relative to the more likely potential of spending a week in bed with the flu.

Remember, most deaths attributed to influenza are actually due to bacterial pneumonia, and these days, bacterial pneumonia can be effectively treated with advanced medical care and therapies like respirators and parenteral antibiotics.

Also, it is important to remember that only about 20 percent of all influenza-like illness that occurs every year is actually associated with influenza viruses because many types of respiratory illnesses with flu-like symptoms can be mistaken for influenza. About 80 percent of cases of suspected influenza sent to the CDC for analysis lab test negative for type A or type B influenza.

In seniors, aged 65 and over, the US flu vaccines were only nine percent effective.

I just turned 65.

I'll take that 9% reduction*. In a heartbeat.

I wonder how many total lives that 9% saves, not to mention all the misery involved with the flu short of death.

*Stipulating that's an accurate number.

Influenza is indeed a very big deal, you either die or wish you were dead. Few people have had it, those that have know it.

When the real thing showed up, it became clear all of the times in my life I thought I had the "flu" it was a really a minor illness.

I went from OK to OhMyGod in a matter of hours. I had a fever of 103 and severe vomiting and diarrhea. After two days I still couldn't eat a cracker or drink water without throwing up. I was on the couch with three blankets over me and wishing I would die.

About 1 AM on day three I told my wife it was time to go to the ER. I was experiencing weakness, fatigue, dizziness, confusion, and a fast heart rate.

They gave me a couple of injections, one being a big slug of Phenergan to combat the nausea, and started a normal saline IV. They ended up giving me 2 1/2 1000 ml bags of the stuff.

Since this incident I have received an annual flu shot without fail. After being that sick I can easily see how influenza can kill the elderly and infirm. My doctor recommends I get the shot in September or early October, as that gives the pharmaceutical companies enough time to produce a vaccine effective on the latest mutation of the strain.

Actual flu has a certain mortality rate.

Not to mention those that feel so lousy they wish they were dead.

It is NOT just a bad cold.

So, yes, it's something to be afraid of and avoid if at all possible.

Especially those at high risk. At 65 I'm one of those.

There's also the fact that you might be healthy enough to ward off the worst, but spread the virus to the very young and the elderly who might actually perish. I personally consider allowing one's self to be a disease vector is socially irresponsible.

But it remains optional for most people, and hence an individual decision.

I always get vaccinated, and the OP asked a valid question.

That's a matter of perspective considering the population problem. Nature means for us to be disease vectors, it's part of the population control and evolutionary process that we have derailed with modern medicine.

I consider being a disease vector a social responsibility so I don't get immunized, that way I will either die or do my duty killing people the natural way instead of with guns.

I just turned 65.

I'll take that 9% reduction*. In a heartbeat.

I wonder how many total lives that 9% saves, not to mention all the misery involved with the flu short of death.

*Stipulating that's an accurate number.

We really need a 9% reduction in death of people who are reaching end of life with a 800% over population problem that is making the world more violent everyday why?

I consider being a disease vector a social responsibility so I don't get immunized, that way I will either die or do my duty killing people the natural way instead of with guns.

There's that "going off the deep end" thing again.

Assuming you're not either joking or trolling with that, let me point out that being a "disease vector" means infecting, and possibly killing, people you come into contact with. Your friends. Your family. Your neighbors. Not to mention random strangers with whom you come into contact, who might not enjoy your version of social responsibility by suffering and perhaps dying by your actions.

In any case, if you're serious, I just lost a lot of respect for you. Your "topics du jour" have always been a bit whacky, and perhaps obsessive, but this one is just callous and mean.

There's that "going off the deep end" thing again.

Assuming you're not either joking or trolling with that, let me point out that being a "disease vector" means infecting, and possibly killing, people you come into contact with. Your friends. Your family. Your neighbors. Not to mention random strangers with whom you come into contact, who might not enjoy your version of social responsibility by suffering and perhaps dying by your actions.

In any case, if you're serious, I just lost a lot of respect for you. Your "topics du jour" have always been a bit whacky, and perhaps obsessive, but this one is just callous and mean.

You think that letting a natural process take place is callous and mean?

Well, if we lived in a sustainable society I would tend to agree with you, but unfortunately we do not, and the lack of general acceptance of this reality is a big problem which will come to a head in the near future. What it actually does is preserves some more resource for your grandchildren.

Until we completely change our thinking towards resource management and quit being so wasteful, being a disease vector is the greatest kindness we can provide to future generations, as few of them as there may be.

...let me point out that being a "disease vector" means infecting, and possibly killing, people you come into contact with. Your friends. Your family. Your neighbors. Not to mention random strangers with whom you come into contact, who might not enjoy your version of social responsibility by suffering and perhaps dying by your actions.

I neglected to mention fellow pilots and passengers you come into contact with, possibly spreading the flu virus to them. And maybe killing them in the process.

Natural process my ass.

Thinking like that would return us to the days of polio and whooping cough and smallpox and too many other diseases to mention.

But thanks for the head's up, anyway.

Last edited:
Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that has been used for decades in the United States in multi-dose vials of some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs, bacteria and fungi, that can contaminate them.Thimerosal is a compound that is 49.6% mercury by weight. I for one do not see the need to get a shot that contains mercury.

That 49.6% figure sounds scary until a bit of investigation is done. The percentage of mercury in the Thimerosal compound doesn't matter, it's the amount of mercury in the vaccine dose which is of concern.

For all intents and purposes Thimerosal was eliminated as a vaccine preservative years ago. The amount of the compound in vaccines which still use it as a preservative is insignificant.

That .0.01% concentration mentioned below is 25 micrograms per a half-milliliter dose. A microgram (µg; or sometimes: mcg), is a unit of mass equal to one millionth (1×10−6) of a gram, or one thousandth (1×10−3) of a milligram.

A milliliter is one thousandth of a liter, or 0.017 fluid ounces. Study after study has determined these levels are far below perceptible toxicity limits and have no effect on the health of recipients.

As a vaccine preservative, thimerosal is used in concentrations of 0.003% to 0.01%. A vaccine containing 0.01% thimerosal as a preservative contains 50 micrograms of thimerosal per 0.5 ml dose or approximately 25 micrograms of mercury per 0.5 mL dose. The use of mercury-containing preservatives in vaccines has declined markedly since 1999.

FDA is continuing its efforts toward reducing or removing thimerosal from all existing vaccines. Much progress has been made to date. FDA has been actively working with manufacturers, particularly those that manufacture childhood vaccines, to reach the goal of eliminating thimerosal from vaccines, and has been collaborating with other PHS agencies to further evaluate the potential health effects of thimerosal. In this regard, all vaccines routinely recommended for children 6 years of age or younger and marketed in the U.S. contain no thimerosal or only trace amounts (1 microgram or less mercury per dose), with the exception of inactivated influenza vaccine, which was first recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices in 2004 for routine use in children 6 to 23 months of age.

... all new vaccines licensed since 1999 are free of thimerosal as a preservative. Inactivated influenza vaccine was added to the routinely recommended vaccines for children 6 to 23 months of age in 2004. FDA has approved thimerosal–preservative free formulations (containing either no or only trace amounts of thimerosal) for the inactivated influenza vaccines manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur and Chiron.

These influenza vaccines continue to be marketed in both the preservative free and thimerosal-preservative containing formulations. In addition, in August 2005, FDA licensed GlaxoSmithKline's inactivated influenza vaccine, which contains 1.25 micrograms mercury per dose.

Of the three licensed inactivated influenza vaccines, Sanofi Pasteur's Fluzone is the only one approved for use in children down to 6 months of age. Chiron's Fluvirin is approved for individuals 4 years of age and older, and GSK's Fluarix is approved for individuals 18 years of age and older.

The live attenuated influenza vaccine (FluMist, manufactured by MedImmune), which contains no thimerosal, is approved for individuals 5 to 49 years of age. For the 2005-2006 season, Sanofi Pasteur was able to manufacture up to 8 million doses of thimerosal-preservative free influenza vaccine.

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/QuestionsaboutVaccines/UCM070430

Thimerosal use in pediatric vaccinations was stopped years ago.

Currently, all pediatric vaccines in the routine infant immunization schedule are manufactured without thimerosal as a preservative. As of January 14, 2003, the final lots of vaccines containing thimerosal as a preservative expired.

Other vaccines (for example, influenza vaccine; tetanus and diphtheria vaccine for older children and adults) continue to be manufactured with thimerosal as a preservative—although influenza vaccine without thimerosal preservative is also available.

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/issues/thimerosal-mercury/mercury-vaccines

Remember, most deaths attributed to influenza are actually due to bacterial pneumonia, and these days, bacterial pneumonia can be effectively treated with advanced medical care and therapies like respirators and parenteral antibiotics.

Influenza does result in bacterial pneumonia and other follow on illnesses, but the CDC uses statistical modeling to link deaths caused by other causes to influenza.

Seasonal influenza may lead to death from other causes, such as pneumonia, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It has been recognized for many years that influenza is infrequently listed on death certificates and testing for seasonal influenza infections is usually not done, particularly among the elderly who are at greatest risk of seasonal influenza complications and death.

Some deaths — particularly in the elderly — are associated with secondary complications of seasonal influenza (including bacterial pneumonias). Influenza virus infection may not be identified in many instances because influenza virus is only detectable for a short period of time and/or many people don’t seek medical care until after the first few days of acute illness.

For these and other reasons, statistical modeling strategies have been used to estimate seasonal flu-related deaths for many decades, both in the United States and the United Kingdom. Only counting deaths where influenza was included on a death certificate would be a gross underestimation of seasonal influenza’s true impact.

Did you know that during the 2012-2013 flu season, the flu vaccine's effectiveness was found to be just 56 percent across all age groups reviewed by the CDC in essence, the statistical equivalent of a coin toss. In seniors, aged 65 and over, the US flu vaccines were only nine percent effective.

Just 56%? That's a huge number. The report linked below gives estimates of influenza related deaths for a 31 year period. The number of lives saved, the amount of money not spent on illnesses, and the overall benefit to society as a result of the vaccinations is incredibly huge. To dismiss these benefits and to consider the imperceptible effects of Thimerosal on those inoculated is ignoring the elephant in the room in favor of the color of the drapes.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5933a1.htm

I neglected to mention fellow pilots and passengers you come into contact with, possibly spreading the flu virus to them. And maybe killing them in the process.

Natural process my ass.

Thinking like that would return us to the days of polio and whooping cough and smallpox and too many other diseases to mention.

But thanks for the head's up, anyway.

Before we vaccinated for small pox, the worlds population hovered at around a billion for a few millennia, that is the human population that nature can support on this planet under the human competion paradigm. We now have amassed over 7 times that number through technological brilliance in the ability to survive our natural course however our species brilliance didn't extend to our ethics so we never developed the cultural paradigm that was required to deal with the finite natural resources we require to support a larger population.

This has brought about greater and greater competition for ever dwindling resources which along with ever increasing technical brilliance we have used our abilities and resources more and more wastefully building weapons and fighting wars, increasing the human suffering as exponentially as we increase population.

So, as we continue along this path, there are only a select few possibilities for the future of our species, one we will exterminate ourselves in wars; nature will eliminate us with disease, famine, and drought, or we will change our cultural paradigm of competition, we quit wasting resources, take care of each other, and assure we have the food and water resources for our growing population. If we do that then we can reallocate the resources that we use to compete and combat with each other and use them to expand off this planet. We will nt gain that knowledge until then though, at this point our species is no more than a plague.

Now, considering more people died in Iraq and Afghanistan every year than from the flu, your continued use of gasoline is of more direct detriment to life than my not getting a flu shot, especially considering I haven't had the flu in I can't remember how long.

Last edited:
Mercury is the second most toxic element on earth to plutonium. Toxicity of mercury has been linked to many different diseases, including autism, learning disabilities, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, depression, and bipolar disorder. The amount of mercury found in one mercury thermometer is enough to pollute a small lake.

I know we all read stuff online that may or may not be true. Even the source of information can be sketchy. So I wont sound like a complete conspiracy nut heres what the World Heath Organization says.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs361/en/

Mercury is a naturally occurring element that is found in air, water and soil.
Exposure to mercury – even small amounts – may cause serious health problems, and is a threat to the development of the child in utero and early in life.
Mercury may have toxic effects on the nervous, digestive and immune systems, and on lungs, kidneys, skin and eyes.
Mercury is considered by WHO as one of the top ten chemicals or groups of chemicals of major public health concern.

You can read the entire article on their site. For the record there is no safe amount of mercury. Thats like saying you can only eat a few MG's of plutonium, I doubt many would.

If the flu shat had a noticeable improvement on health without the risks I would say go for it. Sadly it does not.

The Cochrane Database – an objective, gold-standard assessment of available evidence has plainly stated, in TWO STUDIES, that there is no data to support efficacy in children under two, and in adults. Even the former Chief Vaccine Officer at the FDA states: “there is no evidence that any influenza vaccine thus far developed is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza.” Liking the idea of being protected from the flu does not equate to being protected from the flu. That’s essentially what your vaccine-promoting doctor (or pharmacist) is engaging in – promoting an idea.

ok sorry im done preaching, just do your own research before you inject something into your body.

I thought it was Cyanide followed by Hydrogen Sulfide?:dunno:

Last edited:
I know we all read stuff online that may or may not be true. Even the source of information can be sketchy. So I wont sound like a complete conspiracy nut heres what the World Heath Organization says.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs361/en/

WHO statement in your link about mercury:

Mercury use in some pharmaceuticals, such as thiomersal (ethyl mercury), which is used as a preservative in some vaccines, is very small by comparison with other mercury sources. There is no evidence that suggests a possible health hazard resulting from the amounts of thimerosal currently used in human vaccines.

Here's what the WHO has to say in a position paper about Thimerosal in vaccines. This specifically addresses exposures to the amount of mercury ingested by persons following a typical vaccination regimen:

Four independently conducted epidemiological studies investigating associations and frequency of neurobehavioural disorders in relation to vaccination with thiomersal-containing vaccines have been completed in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Denmark. The findings from these studies do not challenge the safety of existing thiomersal-containing vaccines in infants. Recently two studies were published alleging reduction of neurodevelopmental disorders in the United States of America following discontinuation of thiomersal-containing vaccines in the national immunization programme. The Committee found the conclusions made by the authors unconvincing due to the study design, and the data source.

The GACVS reviewed available information on an ongoing thiomersal pharmacokinetic study in macaque monkeys and assessed the validity of animal models in studying associations between thiomersal and neurobehavioural disorders in humans. The Committee was informed of ongoing human neurobehavioural studies and thiomersal exposure in the United States of America and Italy and of a study on the suitability of thiomersal-free vaccines in multidose vial presentations, assessed by retained sterility for up to 30 days.

On the basis of the foregoing, the GACVS concluded that the most recent pharmacokinetic and developmental studies do not support concerns over the safety of thiomersal (ethyl mercury) in vaccines. The Committee concluded, and advises accordingly, that there is no reason on grounds of safety to change current immunization practices with thiomersal-containing vaccines, as the risks are unproven. However, data for well-nourished neonates born at term cannot necessarily be extrapolated to preterm or malnourished infants. Studies on the latter group would be difficult to conduct, but the GACVS encourages further research.

Back