FltPlan.com

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
I've recently become a convert to FltPlan. Their flight plan log is great. I usually eyeball a route, or plan a route in Duats, then enter it in FLTPLAN for the log.

Any idea what their business plan is? How do they make their money? I can't believe the ads they sell cover the costs. It's a fantastic service, I just don't see how it keeps going.

I've recently become a convert to FltPlan. Their flight plan log is great. I usually eyeball a route, or plan a route in Duats, then enter it in FLTPLAN for the log.

Any idea what their business plan is? How do they make their money? I can't believe the ads they sell cover the costs. It's a fantastic service, I just don't see how it keeps going.

Love Fltplan! Makes IFR filing / routing so much easier!

I have used FltPlan for a few years now and still love it. I plan in SkyVector.com, file in FltPlan, and use FlightPrep for a backup and wx gathering.

Dunno. They rock, though. If they started charging (a little), I'd pay. But I'd expect an improvement to the user interface.

Dunno. They rock, though. If they started charging (a little), I'd pay. But I'd expect an improvement to the user interface.

Agreed. It's definitely a Web 1.0 interface. I suppose we get what we pay for.:D

My dad used to flight instruct with the two owners of the site back in the early 80's. They primarily make their money off advertising and paid flight tracking subscriptions. Their HQ's is around the corner in New Milford, CT.

I've been using fltplan.com for years. It works really well and has some great new features. Always improving...

I really like how it helps with altitude selection by showing time enroute and estimated fuel burn for different altitudes at a glance. This is really handy in the Cessna 340 on long trips! I didn't even know about the site till 6 months ago.

There is an iPhone version and the regular site works well on the iPhone/ipod as well.

Have had no trouble with dropped flight plans when filing IFR using fltplan.com.

Back