Flt Plan on Foreflight

Bart Goins

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bartman1959
I'm band new to Foreflight as I just sold my Kitfox Series 5 and went to a 172E with 180 hp. With the Kitfox, all I used was Avare with a Stratux. Flight planning on Avare was a piece of cake, and I'm having a slight bit of trouble with the learning curve with Foreflight.

I just learned on another threat that I need to have separate flight plans for each fuel stop on a long x-country. What I don't know how to do is save the separate flight plans, name them, and then file them individually. In a couple of weeks we'll be flying from Idaho (KEUL) down to the CA Central Coast area (KPRB). I will need at least one fuel stop (depending on winds), so that's at least two flight plans.

So, how do I save these plans and file them individually?

I'm band new to Foreflight as I just sold my Kitfox Series 5 and went to a 172E with 180 hp. With the Kitfox, all I used was Avare with a Stratux. Flight planning on Avare was a piece of cake, and I'm having a slight bit of trouble with the learning curve with Foreflight.

I just learned on another threat that I need to have separate flight plans for each fuel stop on a long x-country. What I don't know how to do is save the separate flight plans, name them, and then file them individually. In a couple of weeks we'll be flying from Idaho (KEUL) down to the CA Central Coast area (KPRB). I will need at least one fuel stop (depending on winds), so that's at least two flight plans.

So, how do I save these plans and file them individually?
Put in the Route, altitude and ETD on the map page. Then touch that square with the arrow sticking up just to the left of Edit, then touch Flights. Repeat for each leg.

... or if you don't wish to formalize the route as a full "Flight"... simply:
  • on the Maps page, FPL... enter the route of however length/legs you want
  • click the Star (bottom of the FPL drawer) to save that route as a "favorite"
  • you then later retrieve any stored routes using the icon with Star/Clock (top row on Maps page)
This Getting Started with ForeFlight video might be useful...
Wayne

Put in the Route, altitude and ETD on the map page. Then touch that square with the arrow sticking up just to the left of Edit, then touch Flights. Repeat for each leg.

Thanks for your help. I ended up dividing my trip into 3 legs with 2 fuel stops/bladder breaks for the 5 hr 53 min trip. Any other tips you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info, it was a great help. Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.

Back