Floridians...Trump TFR's and now Irma

Curyfury

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Curyfury
I can only hope things improve day by day, however, i have been wondering how flight schools and tours have dealt with so many trump tfr's. i hear businesses are losing thousands every visit. And now, irma. What do people do with their aircraft that is parked outside? Cant hangar them all or fly them all out, right?

Why do politicians have to jam things up with these photo ops.

Bush got destroyed by the press when he didn't visit Louisiana for this very reason after Katrina.
You're damned if you do...
Bush kinda sorta invented this stuff, he was the first (though not the last) to sign the nearly Orwellian Patriot Act. He was also the first POTUS to get the TFR. Don't mean to bash him, love him compared to the current office holder.

Bush kinda sorta invented this stuff, he was the first (though not the last) to sign the nearly Orwellian Patriot Act. He was also the first POTUS to get the TFR. Don't mean to bash him, love him compared to the current office holder.

First POTUS to get the enlarged post 9/11 TFRs but presidential TFRs existed before him in the much smaller (3 /3000) size.

Then there is this:
a4e32e064ceea6025874141241578d1c.jpg

Although the way I read it it's cautionary only.

That's the price for living in paradise.
Everything is a trade-off.

Paradise? Buggy, muggy, reptiley? Sounds more like Jurassic Park.
I politely disagree. I've lived in Western NY, Las Vegas, and (hate to admit it) California. I love it in Florida. Two days before Irma we took a quick 3.5 hour flight to Evansville, IND - spent a few days with family. Flew back and it was like we never left. EXCEPT that the grocery store(s) are still very low on food :) Other than that it's warm, sunny, and a gorgeous day out.

I politely disagree. I've lived in Western NY, Las Vegas, and (hate to admit it) California. I love it in Florida. Two days before Irma we took a quick 3.5 hour flight to Evansville, IND - spent a few days with family. Flew back and it was like we never left. EXCEPT that the grocery store(s) are still very low on food :) Other than that it's warm, sunny, and a gorgeous day out.
Well, you practically live in GA...

Well, you practically live in GA...
I've lived in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Malvern.
Also Virginia, New Jersey, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas.

Florida is better around 350 days a year.

I've lived in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Malvern.
Also Virginia, New Jersey, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas.

Florida is better around 350 days a year.
Wow, you got chased out of every decent place in the country!

I can only hope things improve day by day, however, i have been wondering how flight schools and tours have dealt with so many trump tfr's. i hear businesses are losing thousands every visit. And now, irma. What do people do with their aircraft that is parked outside? Cant hangar them all or fly them all out, right?

Interesting mix of questions in the same run-on paragraph.

Trump/TFRs: They're useless. Presidents are expendable. That's why we have a written succession document.
Businesses losing money: Yep. Happens during campaigns, natural disasters, or even just golf vacations. The Oligarchy wins.
Aircraft: Move them, or don't. They might blow away if outside. They might blow away or be crushed if inside.

Any other questions?

Back