Florida here I come

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Family emergancy will be bringing me to Florida sonner than expected and it looks like the easiest and best course is to fly myself down for a few weeks. I think, and this may change later today, that I will be heading out tomorrow at O dark thrity or 0630 CST to Sarasota (KSRQ) two fuel stops will be required. The first is Bowling Green Kentucky and the second is Columbus, Georgia.

Attached are the routes and if anyone is really bored you can follow my flight at http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N8116B

Last edited:
Hey, Scott...

On your first leg, if you can make it a bit further, you might check the fuel price at Scott County (KSCX), which is SE of the Livingston VOR.

Last time I was through the area, the fuel price at KSCX beat everyone else, hands down. Like $0.50 per gallon.

Nice, local country FBO.... but no food on or around the field. If you need food, you'll have to go elsewhere.

Airnav isn't showing the fuel price there... so you'd have to call.

bill

Have a great trip Scott. Let us know how it goes. I should be down thata way over the holidays if you're still down there.

Best,

Dave

and I recommend 6A2 Griffin Airport rather than CSG. Gas is $3.25. There are SS pumps on both sides of the runway. Go to the one at the NE end. That's where the FBO (and rest rooms) is.

I stopped at Scott County bringing the IAR home from MA just for the lower gas prices. Be prepared for the "uphill" to the ramp, might need a chock at the pump. Definitely some oldtimers there. One older gentleman on the field started a conversation with me by saying "I use to hunt rabbits on this field before they paved it." :rolleyes:

I second the 6A2 recommendation.

wsuffa said:
Hey, Scott...

On your first leg, if you can make it a bit further, you might check the fuel price at Scott County (KSCX), which is SE of the Livingston VOR.

Last time I was through the area, the fuel price at KSCX beat everyone else, hands down. Like $0.50 per gallon.

Nice, local country FBO.... but no food on or around the field. If you need food, you'll have to go elsewhere.

Airnav isn't showing the fuel price there... so you'd have to call.

bill

Flight is cancelled.

Decided it would be better from a safety of flight issue to just go commercial and then not have to second guess myself about go/no go decision and get there ittis. Also When it would be time to leave I would have to say good-bye to my mom and it is very likely it could be the last good-bye, I don't think my head would be on right for a 9 hour flight after having to do that.

Sorry to hear of the family emergency Scott. All my best to you and your folks. Hope things improve.

aw shoot, wishing the best for you mom scott. sorry to hear about it.

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope all goes well and that you get some good time with her.

If you've got the miles and upgrades, now would be a really good time to use 'em.

Sounds like a wise decision. Sorry about your mom.
ApacheBob

Back