Florida Grumman Folks?

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
I'm in the market for my first airplane, and I'm considering a Grumman Traveler. @SixPapaCharlie gave me a ride in his a while ago and I was impressed with the plane, but I haven't yet had any instruction in one.

Can anyone point me to someone in Florida, preferably central Florida, who has access to a Traveler or other AA5 variant and could provide me with some transition training?

I did find a couple of names on the AYA website that I'll be contacting, but I'm trying to cast a wider net and get as many options as I can.

Cant help with FL Travelers, but if you come north to Goshen, IN, (KGSH) New Horizons Aviation has a 1974 Traveler they rent for $144/hr.

The AYA has a Pilot Proficiency Program which maintains a list of Grumman-knowledgeable instructors. There are 3 listed for Florida. Don't know if any provides training in their own airplane. The list is in the Members sub menu under PFP (I don't know how those initials relate to Pilot Proficiency Program?). There are also two in Georgia.

The AYA has a Pilot Proficiency Program which maintains a list of Grumman-knowledgeable instructors. There are 3 listed for Florida. Don't know if any provides training in their own airplane. The list is in the Members sub menu under PFP (I don't know how those initials relate to Pilot Proficiency Program?). There are also two in Georgia.

Yep, I saw those and I will be calling them.

Back