Florida flying

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
Howdy y'all

I am putting together a simple shared directory of Places to Fly with emphasis on Florida and especially southern Florida (a larger area than South Florida - anything from Orlando down is fair game).

http://www.linkagogo.com/go/Members/alfadog/Destinations

If you know of any good additions, please let me know and I will add them.

BTW, linksagogo is free and is an easy way to keep track of your favorites if you use mutiple computers (and who doesn't) and to share them.

John
alfadog
My YouTube channel

Last edited:
X01 everglades city... Free bikes to ride into town if you buy some of their cheap fuel. Ive seen people camp the as well.

X01 everglades city... Free bikes to ride into town if you buy some of their cheap fuel. Ive seen people camp the as well.

Thanks, X01 should be on the list already. Camping is $5 per night, I think. Most of the restaurants in town will provide free shuttle if you call or have the FBO call.

GIF is a great airport, with a great restaurant in the terminal.

It is north east of Orlando but XFL has a great restaurant called Highjackers. There is an Enterprise rental agency on site also and a hotel less then a mile of the airport.

It is north east of Orlando but XFL has a great restaurant called Highjackers. There is an Enterprise rental agency on site also and a hotel less then a mile of the airport.

+1 for XFL. Highjackers has one of the best (biggest, jusiest, greasiest) burgers you will find and the gas is usually pretty cheap too. While $5.03 (SS) isn't cheap, it is still lower than most other places, and the pump is in better shape that the piece of crap at my home base (OMN).

In Venice you can get a free shuttle to the pier and eat there. I think it's called Sharkey's. Decent food with a cool view or the ability to take a stroll down the beach/pier before or after your meal.

I see CJ Cannon's is on the list already, but I can vouch for the average/ok food there. But the service is usually awesome.

Same with the Landing Strip at KOBE. Although parking spaces can be tough to find if it is busy.

Back