Floating and flying dogs

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
With the other dog post here I thought I might as well do some brain picking on my pup situation.

If everything goes well next week, I'll be picking up a 185 amphib, which will be flying out to some remote lakes for camping, shooting, fishing, hunting, hiking etc

I also have a mighty beast of a dog, she's a Pinscher...a mini pinscher, she's still a pup but almost full grown (6lbs 10inch tall), she'll bulk up to about 8lbs and gain another inch in not too long.

Thought so far is to get or make one of those mats that can go between and over the seats kinda like this

pPETNA-5211634_main_t300x300.jpg

And maybe one of those thunder vests too?

She's great on long car rides, however she like to sit on someone's lap, not sure about the increased noise from the plane

I have also been debating a life jacket, though I'm doubt if were going to be spending enough time just floating around with the doors open, away from shore, for it to be a concern.

Lol, yeah I've seen that:D not exactly what I had in mind

Recommend MuttMuffs or similar for the noise but I've known lots of pilots with dogs who flew with them, mostly lap dogs but a few larger breeds.

A friend just picked up a new to him Stearman and flew it from Chicago to San Diego, over about a week, with his girlfriend and their dog in the front pit. The dog had ear muffs and Doggles and was in a blanket wrap to keep him warm.

10537211_10203930797884306_6326374434392330726_o_zpsc8667a86.jpg

10295473_10205147939762657_2297853927297047579_o_zpsea3801d4.jpg

'Gimp

I like those dog goggles!

I read something on here once stating the muffs were not worthwhile.

Any thoughts on that for a closed cabin plane?

If you are going seaplane camping with a dog the plane is going to get filthy, seat cover or not. The doggie lifejackets with a handle on the back might be real handy moving pup from ship to shore or passing him around the plane.

I read something on here once stating the muffs were not worthwhile.
You read right! IMO

You might check out 4PawsAviation. I don't heve first hand experience with them but they appear to be far superior in design and construction. I'd really be interested to hear from anyone here who has used them.

My dog has a log book...now prefers the rear seats in the Matrix...loves the bow of the boat...

When we drive..I have one of these

http://snoozerpetproducts.com/dog-beds-carriers/pet-auto-travel-c-26/

Tons of variations..

The life vest completely froze her...she became inanimate and had to be carried by the handle...

With the other dog post here I thought I might as well do some brain picking on my pup situation.

If everything goes well next week, I'll be picking up a 185 amphib, which will be flying out to some remote lakes for camping, shooting, fishing, hunting, hiking etc

I also have a mighty beast of a dog, she's a Pinscher...a mini pinscher, she's still a pup but almost full grown (6lbs 10inch tall), she'll bulk up to about 8lbs and gain another inch in not too long.

Thought so far is to get or make one of those mats that can go between and over the seats kinda like this

pPETNA-5211634_main_t300x300.jpg

And maybe one of those thunder vests too?

She's great on long car rides, however she like to sit on someone's lap, not sure about the increased noise from the plane

I have also been debating a life jacket, though I'm doubt if were going to be spending enough time just floating around with the doors open, away from shore, for it to be a concern.

Back