FLIR camera for Iphone

Interesting. I have some clients using FLIR cameras that cost in the thousands of dollars.

-Rich

I guess they changed the title, but the URL still says it will let iPhone users see through walls.

Yeah, even the fancy FLIR cameras we have at work don't come close to letting you see through walls. You can't even see through someone's clothes unless you count "hot spots" as seeing through something.

The real value for this is a field engineer trying to find a hot power adapter, overheating engine, etc, without needing a huge case and a specialized instrument.

I guess they changed the title, but the URL still says it will let iPhone users see through walls.

Yeah, even the fancy FLIR cameras we have at work don't come close to letting you see through walls. You can't even see through someone's clothes unless you count "hot spots" as seeing through something.

The real value for this is a field engineer trying to find a hot power adapter, overheating engine, etc, without needing a huge case and a specialized instrument.

I have clients who use them to find rats', squirrels', bees', etc.'s nests inside walls. I wouldn't have thought that bees would generate enough heat to be visible, but they do.

-Rich

Attachments

• FLIR_honeybees1.jpg
    FLIR_honeybees1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 24
Back