Flightstream 510 + iPad = "No Updates Found on Device" Error

RossG2000

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RJG2000
All,

When trying to do database concierge with my GTN 750 and iPad Pro via FS 510, I am having an issue where the GTN is not seeing the updates that I have downloaded to the iPad. I'm running the latest version of everything, both iOS and Garmin Pilot, and have, per the Garmin Pilot app, the latest firmware on the 510. When I pair to the GTN, it will say "Connected to iPad, open Garmin Pilot and follow instructions" or similar. When I do so, it the GTN then states "No Updates Found on Device" or similar.

I have the latest generation iPad Pro, a current subscription to Garmin Pilot/chart services etc. and have tried all of the fixes below:
Disable bluetooth/wifi
Cycle avionics (before, during and after all fixes)
Eject and re-insert 510 card
Reboot iPad
Forget the GTN network in iPad settings
Reset Wifi information on GTN
Reconnect to Wifi
Disabling Wifi/Database Concierge on Garmin Pilot and re-enabling
Deleting all and re-downloading databases/updates/charts
And more

Is there anything I'm missing? I am trying to avoid a long call with Garmin or visiting a dealer (about an hour flight) but I will do so if necessary.

Last but not least, is there anything stopping me from using the 510 as an SD card and physically inserting and uploading the Garmin updates to the card and re-inserting it into the GTN? Or will that not work?

Please let me know if you have any help or pointers on the subject.

Thank you.

You can use the 510 as an SD card and update that way.

Do you have another device paired with the FS510? If so, turn off wifi on it, or turn it off.

I have heard of issues when there are two paired devices in range at the same time.

Wifi for database update. Bluetooth to transfer flight plans (and traffic and weather with ADSB In).

All,

When trying to do database concierge with my GTN 750 and iPad Pro via FS 510, I am having an issue where the GTN is not seeing the updates that I have downloaded to the iPad. I'm running the latest version of everything, both iOS and Garmin Pilot, and have, per the Garmin Pilot app, the latest firmware on the 510. When I pair to the GTN, it will say "Connected to iPad, open Garmin Pilot and follow instructions" or similar. When I do so, it the GTN then states "No Updates Found on Device" or similar.

I have the latest generation iPad Pro, a current subscription to Garmin Pilot/chart services etc. and have tried all of the fixes below:
Disable bluetooth/wifi
Cycle avionics (before, during and after all fixes)
Eject and re-insert 510 card
Reboot iPad
Forget the GTN network in iPad settings
Reset Wifi information on GTN
Reconnect to Wifi
Disabling Wifi/Database Concierge on Garmin Pilot and re-enabling
Deleting all and re-downloading databases/updates/charts
And more

Is there anything I'm missing? I am trying to avoid a long call with Garmin or visiting a dealer (about an hour flight) but I will do so if necessary.

Last but not least, is there anything stopping me from using the 510 as an SD card and physically inserting and uploading the Garmin updates to the card and re-inserting it into the GTN? Or will that not work?

Please let me know if you have any help or pointers on the subject.

Thank you.

I have been using FS510 to do updates on my 650 from my garmin pilot since 2018. I am having the same issue all of a sudden.
I was at my avionics shop a couple weeks ago getting my G5 updated for the GFC500 SB. He said he did a FS510 update also. I didn't think it was a issue and still don't.
I called garmin this morning and waited for 20 minutes to talk to a tech. He had me open devices on garmin pilot. At the top it said "enable concierge updates" WTH why is it turned off. I have using using it for years and I never turned it off that I know of.
Check yours out on garmin pilot under devices and see what your says.
The FS510 update did not have anything to do with garmin pilot.

Back