FlightService - Leidos (1800wxbrief): lost my account?

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I see the that 1800wxbrief is canceling accounts that have been stagnant for 2 years. I use mine regularly, maybe even up to a week ago was the last time I used it for a flight plan and brief.

A few minutes ago I tried logging on for a brief, and it appears my account is gone. I tried to reset my password thinking that might be the problem, but to reset the password I have to give my user-ID (e-mail) and I get a message saying that account doesn't exist.

Anyone else seen something similar recently?

I haven't logged in there in well over a month. just did with no issues. here's what their website says:

How to avoid account deletion:

• New Users:
    • Change the temporary password provided at account setup immediately after account creation

• Existing Users:
    • Access your account at least once every two years and perform at least one of the following actions:
      • File a flight plan
      • Conduct an online self briefing
      • Call Leidos Flight Service using the phone number listed on your pilot profile
If your account has been deleted due to lack of use, we encourage you to create a new account and rejoin our flying community. Self briefing is one of the best ways to improve your comfort with aviation weather and improve safe flying habits.

Leidos Flight Service is continuously adding new features and changes to our online platforms. We welcome feedback, which can be submitted by selecting “Request Help or Submit Feedback” on the bottom of every 1800wxbrief.com webpage.

I haven't logged in there in well over a month. just did with no issues. here's what their website says:

How to avoid account deletion:....
  • File a flight plan
  • Conduct an online self briefing
These two are likely going to lead to a lot of account deletions as I know a *lot* of people who connect their EFB for filing/self-briefing, but don't do the Service Provider Authorization setting update on .com. I hazard to guess there 'use' check is simply checking to see if there's a record of logging into .com, an SPA log entry, or tying your mobile number (if associated w/the account) to a phone briefing. Even me, if I call for a brief AND it's not from my google Voice number, I won't get a log entry for my phone brief.

1712107664510.png

1712107819446.png

These two are likely going to lead to a lot of account deletions as I know a *lot* of people who connect their EFB for filing/self-briefing, but don't do the Service Provider Authorization setting update on .com. I hazard to guess there 'use' check is simply checking to see if there's a record of logging into .com, an SPA log entry, or tying your mobile number (if associated w/the account) to a phone briefing. Even me, if I call for a brief AND it's not from my google Voice number, I won't get a log entry for my phone brief.

View attachment 127367

View attachment 127369

I mean, they clearly say you need to log on to the website on a pc or mobile

I ended up creating a new account under my former email. I use this site pretty much once a week or every other week. I don't got very long without logging in. I'm pretty sure I logged in within the last week for a briefing. When I created the account, it still had my aircraft and so other info saved so I didn't have to re-enter all that.

I sent a report to Leidos, will see what they say about it.

When I created the account, it still had my aircraft and so other info saved so I didn't have to re-enter all that.
That’s even worse from a data privacy perspective.

That’s even worse from a data privacy perspective.
They said that a new account would be tied to any phone-in records already on file. Since I've called them a few times to sort out some IFR flight plan discrepancies they have my name and phone number already in the system. When I created the new account I had to add name and phone number, along with the email address that somehow got deleted. They then matched that ID info to what they already had. So they did still had me "in the system", just not as an on-line account any more.

That was a fast response. I just got this in an email about 2-3 minutes ago:

>>>
Our Website recently went through an automated security systems cleanup of inactive accounts, and some were suspended in error.

We would recommend that you re-register your account “as” a new account with the same email addressand once you have completed your re-registration it should re-link to your previous call in profile.

<<<

This is what I did when I re-created my account.

That was a fast response. I just got this in an email about 2-3 minutes ago:

>>>
Our Website recently went through an automated security systems cleanup of inactive accounts, and some were suspended in error.

We would recommend that you re-register your account “as” a new account with the same email addressand once you have completed your re-registration it should re-link to your previous call in profile.
<<<

This is what I did when I re-created my account.
Just happened to me at work this week. I always have 1800wx up for one of my wx sources. Probably reset my account when I go in tonight.

Just happened to me at work this week. I always have 1800wx up for one of my wx sources. Probably reset my account when I go in tonight.
It did recover my aircraft list and contact info. I can’t remember if I had any saved flight plans. I haven’t checked yet to see if I have any.

Mine still works, but they wanted me to clear my cache.

It did recover my aircraft list and contact info. I can’t remember if I had any saved flight plans. I haven’t checked yet to see if I have any.
Yeah, all my saved fligh plans still there. It appears that everything is normal.

Back