FlightSafety or Simcom for C414/C421 School?

rwhirley

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
rwhirley
If all goes well I'll soon be heading to school for initial training in a Cessna 414A or 421C. I'm considering FlightSafety and Simcom. Anyone have thoughts on how they'd compare? This will be my first piston twin in quite awhile so I'm looking for the best training I can get.

My vote is for Flight Safety just because I have been through two of their Mil programs.

I spent two weeks at Flight Safety and loved it. I have no experience with SimCom, but haven't heard anything bad. FSI has a great break room (FREE coffee, donuts, bagels, PB&J, muffins, etc) and good candy in all the classrooms and at the front desk. Oh ya, and their sims are pretty good, too. I would strongly recommend FSI, though I can't offer a comparison.

You had the fortune of going to them, huh? The 2 times I've used them it was on an AF base. No fancy pants break areas.

Heh, I think the quality of the break area is determined by the size and newness of the facility. I've been to 5 different centers some of which were smaller and older and some of which were newer and nicer. In any case I think they do a good job with training at FlightSafety. I haven't been to either Simcom or Simuflite, though, so I can't compare.

Back