Flights for Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on the back of your lifted JK is there a bumper sticker that says “Ban offshore drilling”? That is my favorite. Right up there with I’d like a Diet Coke with my big Mac. But in all honesty, I am grateful that you are doing your part to keep the demand lower for red meat.

LOL, I look at it as moderation. I'm still going to do the things I like to do but, more than happy to give up something that doesn't really matter to me. To clarify what I meant by give up red meat from cows, if i go to a BBQ/dinner at a friends place and that's what is being served I'll be happy to eat it (Especially tri-tip) but, i just won't order/buy it myself. I only mentioned it here because it was related to the topic. I would be willing to bet that most of my friends don't even realize that I adjusted my diet. Besides, pig tastes really good.

Just curious, why do you think I'm against off shore drilling and how does that relate to the likely reduced availability of bacon?

Last edited:
I was referring to free range as defined by the law being discussed.

I am keenly aware of how different all the protein from real yard birds taste. I grew up chasing Sunday dinner at grandmas house.

Ah, understood. :)

For all of you worried about the environmental impact you have, how many crotch fruit have you spawned? You're responsible for that carbon footprint, too.

And as far as CA and the 5th largest economy. STFU. Unless you import or export nothing, the money is coming in from somewhere else. Also, why do we hate CA? Because you pass ******** laws that the rest of us have to deal with in the off chance that something we make might end up in CA, even if not shipping directly there. Prop 65 labels on every ******n ****ing thing because if you have enough of ANYTHING it might cause cancer. Get over your damn selves. You're the cancer.

For all of you worried about the environmental impact you have, how many crotch fruit have you spawned? You're responsible for that carbon footprint, too.

And as far as CA and the 5th largest economy. STFU. Unless you import or export nothing, the money is coming in from somewhere else. Also, why do we hate CA? Because you pass ******** laws that the rest of us have to deal with in the off chance that something we make might end up in CA, even if not shipping directly there. Prop 65 labels on every ******n ****ing thing because if you have enough of ANYTHING it might cause cancer. Get over your damn selves. You're the cancer.
I’m with you 100% Ed but for what it’s worth I think the California people I have left the room.

Prop 65 labels on every ******n ****ing thing because if you have enough of ANYTHING it might cause cancer.
So you don't was know that cooking potatoes, baking bread, or making coffee causes cancer?

LOL, I look at it as moderation. I'm still going to do the things I like to do but, more than happy to give up something that doesn't really matter to me. To clarify what I meant by give up red meat from cows, if i go to a BBQ/dinner at a friends place and that's what is being served I'll be happy to eat it (Especially tri-tip) but, i just won't order/buy it myself. I only mentioned it here because it was related to the topic. I would be willing to bet that most of my friends don't even realize that I adjusted my diet. Besides, pig tastes really good.

Just curious, why do you think I'm against off shore drilling and how does that relate to the likely reduced availability of bacon?
I don’t know, is it was written your comments seem to be halfhearted. You want to commit to a cause so long as it doesn’t really have any impact to you. I live on the coast and I see a lot of people with that bumper sticker driving around in very large trucks and SUVs. Meaning I’m gonna drive this gas guzzler but get your oil from someplace That won’t hurt The environment right near me because I’m a dedicated environmentalist and care about the ocean. But I could be wrong and I apologize if I’m off base.

Please tell us what you really think. Wish/washy pilots. You never say what you mean.

I don’t know, is it was written your comments seem to be halfhearted. You want to commit to a cause so long as it doesn’t really have any impact to you. I live on the coast and I see a lot of people with that bumper sticker driving around in very large trucks and SUVs. Meaning I’m gonna drive this gas guzzler but get your oil from someplace That won’t hurt The environment right near me because I’m a dedicated environmentalist and care about the ocean. But I could be wrong and I apologize if I’m off base.

yep, you're wrong. How you got all of that out of five lines on a POA forum is next level...

Ed's just a little bitter, because to have crotch fruit, you have to get some crotch.

I actually borrowed/stole the term from a friend in Texas who refers to other people's kids (she has her own, too) as that. I thought it was funny, so I've incorporated it into my lexicon.

As for the last part of that statement, I just don't share that sort of info.

I actually borrowed/stole the term from a friend in Texas who refers to other people's kids (she has her own, too) as that. I thought it was funny, so I've incorporated it into my lexicon.

I've seen you use the term before, I just couldn't avoid the cheap drive by!

I pay a $65/mo "Pet Rent" at my current temporary lodging.

When I asked the leasing agent what the "Child Rent" is, I got a blank-eyed stare. I suspect children do more property damage than a cat, although I could be surprised. I don't have any data, just a little bit of shade to throw from my preconceived notions. I don't mind subsidizing children via education and whatnot, since I don't want to live in a society of morons -- although some days I feel I should have sent double the requested taxes. Nobody appears to be stepping up to subsidize my covid cat, though. :(

==

All of this anti-meat proselytizing and no flags for religion? Some of you are losing your edge :D

==

Don't do biz in CA if the laws are onerous. That seems to be Dell's approach, it can't ship certain PCs to certain states due to energy consumption constraints. It's a staring contest in progress and sort of amusing. Until there is meaningful pushback and inconvenience done to the citizens here, CA laws will continue, ahem, 'progressing'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back