FlightRadar24.com is looking for hosts for their equipment

Rigged4Flight

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Rigged4Flight
http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Saw it on my facebook feed. My internets are restricted at the moment, so I can't see a lot of detail on the site, but it appears that they will give you a premium version of their service in exchange for you hosting their receiver antenna and allowing them the use of your internet connection.

They have a list of areas they need coverage in on the site.

This is either a great grass roots ADS-B thing, or a sinister plot by the liberals/conservatives/illuminati/etc...

This is throwing me

attachment.php

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 220
Either way, I signed up I just hope I GET PICKED

Not to be a downer, but... They want to use my internet, my electricity and my land in exchange for a $2 premium service that doesn't interact with or help GA.

I don't get why anyone would really want to be picked for this. I could see if it provided ADS-B out to local traffic.

Uhuh, so now Dulles is in Maryland....

I do it with a $20 RTL USB dongle from Amazon. Picked up the Mode S code from Air Force 1 yesterday as it came in to town...

Current feed is here: http://68.104.202.221:51090/

Yes, it has a DNS address, but I don't want to post it.

Last edited:
I have a raspberry pi and the rtl dongle connected with Flightaware. I get an enterprise account of it. I find that to be plenty of compensation.

I signed up. Hopei get picked. I needto research more about this looks interesting.

I have a raspberry pi and the rtl dongle connected with Flightaware. I get an enterprise account of it. I find that to be plenty of compensation.

What do you use for an antenna? I have a couple of the dongles but am looking for an antenna that I can stick outside. My computer is in the basement and even with the little antenna that came with the dongle and being in the basement it actually picks up some traffic.

I actually have the raspberry pi in a waterproof case with a wifi adapter. The whole unit is on the roof connected to a 6v battery with a 45 watt solar panel. The antenna is an old wifi antenna I had from a past project. The antenna connects through the plastic case.

Is this like another version of FlightAware?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back