Flightplan.com

Luigi

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Luigi
I recently acquired an Ipad. For you folks using fltplan.com, how do I save WACS and approach charts, then later reacquire them for use? Thank you.:mad2:

A CFI that I recently flew with said that fltplan.com now has an app that might do just that. And I recall him saying it was free.

I'm stuck with foreflight for awhile (not a bad thing) so I never bothered to check it out. But look in the app store.

Thanks, I downloaded the app, however, the process doesn't seem to be that intuitive (probably the user).

Thanks, I downloaded the app, however, the process doesn't seem to be that intuitive (probably the user).

ForeFlight wins on the intuitiveness front, but the fltplan.com app does some things the others don't as well - Kinda like the web site.

When you open the Fltplan app, click the "Approach Charts" icon
You should have 3 tabs on this page: All, Favorites, and Recently viewed at the top. This is where your approach charts will be stored.

In order to download the plates that you require, tap the download icon at the very very top right of the screen on that page. It's a down arrow with a rectangle shape underneath it.

This brings you to the "Download Manager". Tap the area of plates you are looking for. Beware tapping the big green download button here as it will download all the plates for every state in that region. If that's your goal, then this saves you a step. If you'd like the plates for a specific state or set of states, then tap the region (i.e. southwest, eastern, etc.) This will bring up the list of states within that region, and the details of the plates. Tap the state of plates you wish to have and it will bring up a download sidebar.

This will show all active downloads. You can download multiple states or regions at the same time, so don't feel like you have to wait for every download to return to the Approach plates page to get more.

You can also download pertinent maps and documents in this way from the download manager.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Last edited:
Thanks, that was very helpful. Now when I tap on maps from the flightplan.com app, it keeps defaulting to a previous route. I downloaded SW and NW sectionals, but I can't seem to reaccess them offline.

Thanks, that was very helpful. Now when I tap on maps from the flightplan.com app, it keeps defaulting to a previous route. I downloaded SW and NW sectionals, but I can't seem to reaccess them offline.

Yes, it will default to the last route entered. If you tap the "routes" button on the top left it will drop down a list of your fltplan.com routes that you have saved. This is where fltplan falls short with creating flight plans within your app. You cannot create a "route" from your app, it must be done on the website.

I don't know why you're having an issue accessing them offline. If you are offline, when you go to "Maps and Routes" the header bar will be orange stating that you are viewing saved charts. Maybe a quick look through the "help and support" icon on the home tab might help.

Tutorial doesn't seem to explain maps and routes adequately (probably user error). How does one enter a route again such that one can use sectionals? Thanks again for your help!

Back