Flightline FL-760A

hamer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
hamer
Does anyone have experience with this radio? In particular the “A” version? I’ve seen some reviews on the older version with some complaints on the intercom. The few reviews of the newer “A” version on Aircraft Spruce are better, but there are only a few.

Anyone with personal experience? Longer term experience?

Thanks,

300 hours on mine, no problem at all. I was skeptical at first due to the low price but mine has been rock solid with no issues.

I installed that as a 2nd radio when I owned the Velocity in my avatar. It worked well and I had no issues with it.
Velocity panel.jpg

ACS doesn't have the best price on this radio. Shop around and you should find it for $650-$670. That said, ACS also has a price matching policy and free shipping over $500.

I installed that as a 2nd radio when I owned the Velocity in my avatar. It worked well and I had no issues with it.
View attachment 72105

Did you use the intercom part of it at all?

ACS doesn't have the best price on this radio. Shop around and you should find it for $650-$670. That said, ACS also has a price matching policy and free shipping over $500.

Thanks I'll take a look around. I try to avoid ACS as much as possible because I'm local and I don't want to pay the tax. I typically only use them if I need something today and have no other option.

I did not use the intercom parts as I already had one installed. I did the 2nd radio because I kept having issues with the KX155 and had it out to a shop 3 different times and was still troubleshooting wiring, jacks etc. I put the FL760 in with separate jacks, dedicated wiring and it's own ptt so I could have a completely redundant system.

Back