Flightcom IISX

Pjsmith

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
pjsmith
Don't know if I've put this in the right place, but....

Bought a IISX with the additional 4 place module on Ebay. The main module works fine, but for some reason, only one of the rear seat sets of jacks works correctly.

Pulled the cover, and none of the components are burned and the jack solder points look ok.

That got me to thinking about the cord, which looks like a telephone cord, between the two units. One end is the RJ45 sized (i.e. the phone wall jack sized) and the other is smaller (the handset jack size). My real question is this: there are six contacts in the female side of the jack on the main unit (the IISX). The cord that came with it has only four contact points (basically, the hardline phone ones). Does anyone know if this is the right cable or not? I can't imagine that flightcom would put six contacts in the female jack if only 4 were needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

You could call FlightCom and ask if the cord is supposed to be 6 conductor.

I found the manual, but it doesn't say: http://www.flightcom.net/pdf/IIsxManual.pdf

I would suspect that the seller lost or broke the original cord and threw in one that looked right. I bought my intercom from eBay and the seller threw in a DB-25 connector in a Radio Shack package.

I have the same intercom I purchased used with the 4 position add on box. Someone prior to me had lost the cord that connects the two pieces together. I called Flightcom and they shipped me a new cord for free. The next weekend I hooked everything up and tried it and it didn't work. After hours of frustration I realized that my add on box was wired backwards. I cut off one end of the cord and crimped on a new connector and it has worked fine since. After tracing all the wires the extra two connectors in the base unit are not used so no need to worry about them. The jacks are actually RJ11 and RJ9. RJ 45 is an 8 connector jack.

Back