FlightAware flight history for non-IFR

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
this worked for me. I did have to wait about 15 minutes or so for them to show up:

We have recently released a feature to allow you to view position-only flights (flights without a flight plan) such as a VFR flight with flight following or ADS-B positions; follow these steps:

(You will need to be on the web version of FlightAware. These instructions will not work on the app or mobile site)

1. Ensure you are either logged into your account or join FlightAware at the following link (http://flightaware.com/account/join/). You will need to activate your account via email after joining.
  2. Go to your account at the following link (http://flightaware.com/account/manage) or click on your name or username in the top left hand corner of the site.
  3. Look for a section titled "Position-Only Flights" and click the button for "show position-only flights"
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save"
  5. It could take up to 15 minutes for your account to be updated after you save; After this time, simply search for a tail number or flight from the search bar located at the top-center of the page.

Yep, I had to do it myself. I was wondering what had happened to my VFR flights.

IFR flights were still there but not the VFR with fight following.

Awesome thank you! I have been able to see some of the flights I have flown on flight following in the past, but not all of them. Hopefully this will correct that. I'm sure this feature is just for FF and not just an a/c that flies around on a 1200 code?

my non-flight following flight today did not show up. 4 separate legs from last weekend all showed up, all were on flight following.

Been doing some digging, and it seems like, as long as you are identified by atc it will show up. A flight I did last Sunday that was local showed up and i was just on a local transponder code in the class C flying over downtown. Im glad this feature is on FA, thanks for the thread!

Great find. On mine, I clicked my username top left; Account; My Account tab; Item 6: Position Only Flights - On.

Cool. It did take about 10-15 minutes for it to work.

Sweet! Thank you so much for finding this workaround for their silly bug.
It showed instantly my whole round-robin PnP flight from Saturday but at least it shows.
Thanks again!

Mine has shown up also.. The odd thing is there were some flights on there that said I was in Maryland and Texas (Didn't give flight info just said it was my last location) It wasn't me! Maybe someone flubbed the tail number lol

Another interesting thing is the last flight that was real.. it said it was tracking me via FlightAware ADS-B KTZR.. I thought they only used 1090 receivers? I have UAT 978 out on my aircraft... It is also showing flights where I didn't talk to anyone at all.. it shows tracked via ADS-B... I guess they can get 978 data too?

Back