Flight Videoing

P.S. My plane has no beeps or bloops and it doesn't talk. The last time I heard a marker beacon was a couple years ago.

Either I'm flying around with that button disabled on the audio panel or they've decommissioned most of 'em around here or both.

No overpriced Garmin girl whispering "five hundred" in my ear either. ;)

I don't get the havetahaveambient thingie. Most skydiving vids omit the hellacious wind roar during freefall and substitute cool music. I don't see why flight vids have to have incessant motor drone, wind, and stall warning bleats. It's primarily a visual experience. Since you can't add motion sensation and smellavision, what makes noise so desirable?

The cockpit audio feed just adds realism and a stupid simple real-time narration to the video without getting too anal about the whole process.

I guess the question really comes down to: who is your audience? Ground pounders or fellow pilots. Fellow pilots are pretty jaded, so your basic look-at-what-I-can-do vid is for the folks down on the farm. That means pretty views of the ground from up high, a glance or two in the cockpit, a bit of "pilot talk stuff", and a nice backing track with some accessible pop tune. Otherwise you're just beating your head against the wall and satisfying no one--least of all yourself.

Last edited:
what kind of an adapter would you get from spruce aviation? I just got back from Best Buy and found canon I like, but I know the mic input on the camera is too small.

Back