Flight Training Schools for Professional (career) Pilot Programs

theyalg

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dmitriy
Good Morning Everyone,

Ive posted here before asking a general question on attending flight school and cost and life of a pilot. I want to thank everyone for their responses it was very helpful.

So researching more into it ive decided I dont want to push my dream aside of being a airline pilot. With knowing the hardships that come with the job dealing with ****ty hours low pay and stress I will be looking to apply to a flight school, hopefully in the coming September, to a full program to go from private license to MEI licenses and start my career there.

Ive researched a few places and im writing here to ask where the best programs are from pilots who have been through this path. Below are a few places that I have looked at:
  • National Aviation Academy
  • Aerosim
  • ATP - Trenton
  • Falcon Aviation
  • Aviator Flight Training Academy
  • Phoenix East
  • Academy of Aviation
  • American Flyers
Thank you again to everyone for your helpful advice, have a great day and safe travels.

Take a look at Redbird Skyport at KHYI. Millions have been poured in to this facility, it's the flagship for Redbird simulators.

Most of their courses are fixed price, and most of the CFI's are on salary.

I have no connection except as an occasional user of their simulators.

Take a look at Redbird Skyport at KHYI. Millions have been poured in to this facility, it's the flagship for Redbird simulators.

Most of their courses are fixed price, and most of the CFI's are on salary.

I have no connection except as an occasional user of their simulators.

This is also my recommendation. I attended Redbird and ProFlight Academy for my flight training, and it was a fantastic experience. Fixed cost, new aircraft, and the best part is exactly what Jim said - Salaried Instructors! Also, it is a Part 141 school, so use of the simulators is done very well, and the simulators are such a priceless training tool.

That's my 2 cents.

P.S. Jim, you are in my neck of the woods. Let's go flyin!!!

Can you qualify for military flight school ?

That was defenitly an option ofr me but I need to get PRK eye surgery first and even after that there is no guarantee of being accepted into the flight programs.

I will definitely take a look into that program, thank you.

Ive tried to look at a few college programs but I already have my bachelors and I dont want to spend time taking humanities or foreign language classes again.

As I live on the east coast It would be better for any schools around here but if there is a better school somewhere else I wont mind at all. Im just trying to find the best possible program.

So ive looked into the pilot program at Delaware State University’s Aviation Program, if anyone has any experience from there any comments would be helpful. Thank you.

Quite honestly my advice (ERAU Graduate) is go get a college degree in whatever you've got any interest in. If they only thing you want to study is aviation, find a cheap aviation school to study at (only do this if an aviation degree is the only way you are going to get thru college). Then, find a local flight school to get the training done. You'll have 4 years, try to get it done in 2, then spend the last 2 years to CFI.

Wrong question to ask. The question is, can you deal with the military and the possibility of not flying for however long you are in.

Still the wrong question, "Do you want the duties of a military pilot?" Is the most appropriate one. If not, leave those slots to the people who want to do the job.

At KDTO (my home base in Denton, TX), there is US Flight Academy.

Oh... Wait a sec... You're not Chinese. Never mind.

(Sorry, local joke. They are a decent pilot mill with several contracts to train foreign nationals. And I have to give major props to our tower crew who have the patience to deal not only with student pilots by the large flock, but student pilots who are still mastering American language)

At KDTO (my home base in Denton, TX), there is US Flight Academy.

Oh... Wait a sec... You're not Chinese. Never mind.

(Sorry, local joke. They are a decent pilot mill with several contracts to train foreign nationals. And I have to give major props to our tower crew who have the patience to deal not only with student pilots by the large flock, but student pilots who are still mastering American language)

Yeah, and besides Texans, they have Chinese to try to understand.:lol:

Quite honestly my advice (ERAU Graduate) is go get a college degree in whatever you've got any interest in. If they only thing you want to study is aviation, find a cheap aviation school to study at (only do this if an aviation degree is the only way you are going to get thru college). Then, find a local flight school to get the training done. You'll have 4 years, try to get it done in 2, then spend the last 2 years to CFI.

Thats the thing I already have a degree so im actually not looking for another one. Im just trying to find the best flight school to gain the best experience and the most hours without wasting money. If it means go to one of these college programs (without having to retake all the classes I already took) then that is fine with me.

Back