Flight Training in South Africa

S

sa_pilot

Hello all

I am a new member and am looking for the best flight school to train with in South Africa. I know that this forum is for pilots from the USA but I was hoping that you may be able to offer an educated outsider's opinion.

I have been told that 43 Air School is one of the top 3 flight schools in the world. Can this really be true?
I have also been told thatAptrac Aviation trains many international pilots. The weather here is really good and I think that prices are very competitive.

It is a difficult choice and Aptrac is quite a lot cheaper than 43.

Does any one know anything about these schools?

Well were called Pilots of America but we have folks here from all over the globe, United States, Canada, Israel, Austrailia, England. I have never heard of either school you mention as they are half a world away from me but I think if you speak to pilots in SA and ask questions your going to get some good info. Also you may want to check with the international AOAP or EAA and see if they have any groups in SA. Best of Luck and welcome to Pilots Of America. We'd love to hear about flying in SA.

You may also have some real luck in checking with the folks over at PPRUNE.com (Professional Pilots Rumor Network). They can be a bit rough, but there is a strong global presence.

We'd still like you to come back here and share with us as your training progresses, though - it would be of great interest to many of us to learn of the differences in the flying environment and routine practices between here and there.

Thank you both for your help! I am going to check out PPRUNE.com

Back