Flight Training Article - Jesse and David

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
Just saw the article in Flight Training titled "Jesse and David's Excellent Adventure"

Cool!

Awesome story! Looking forward to meeting some POA folks at Gaston's...I must make it this year.

Jesse, you da man.

Cool, I guess that means they picked it up.

Last edited:
The final paragraph is missing three critical words!

The story didn’t end there. Later that fall, Angell invited White to fly his Cessna to Lincoln, to help him earn his instrument rating, which White did.

I remember reading some of the posts when this was going on. Awesome story!

And the article was written by one of the members here.

What a great article. I didn't know that story, cool.

Wow.. Great article all around! Jesse & David, the 'Fred's, and 6Y9 all in one article. Oh, and apparently I shouldn't leave out Greg & Sharon. ;)

I'm sorry, my hearing detunes the nag frequency.
Hi Greg!

Re: Way to go JESSE!

While I am stunned by Jesse's generosity it certainly does not surprise me. Jesse is one of a kind.

Way to go Jesse, well done!

Last edited:

A great story that deserves a wider audience. Can we figure out a way to get it into some of the bigger mags/publications?

A great story that deserves a wider audience. Can we figure out a way to get it into some of the bigger mags/publications?

I would be nice Wayne, but since its already in the AOPA Flight Training Mag I doubt any other mag would pick it up. I'm happy that the article referenced a blurb about Ed, Brad and Diz Frederick re-opening 6Y9er as well. I can't tell you how hard it was to even get that some press in the aviation world. I thought it was a big deal reopening an airport and it took way too long in my opinion to get the recognition.

That is fantastic! Nice work gentlemen! This is what it is all about.

Can the re-print in an issue of AOPA "Pilot"?

I understand the issues, but everybody involved with GA should also understand that we're in deep doo-doo and need all the good stories we can find to help regain momentum. This story is a great example in many ways, and IMO should be "reprinted with permission" by both AOPA and EAA, perhaps others.

I would be nice Wayne, but since its already in the AOPA Flight Training Mag I doubt any other mag would pick it up. I'm happy that the article referenced a blurb about Ed, Brad and Diz Frederick re-opening 6Y9er as well. I can't tell you how hard it was to even get that some press in the aviation world. I thought it was a big deal reopening an airport and it took way too long in my opinion to get the recognition.

I understand the issues, but everybody involved with GA should also understand that we're in deep doo-doo and need all the good stories we can find to help regain momentum. This story is a great example in many ways, and IMO should be "reprinted with permission" by both AOPA and EAA, perhaps others.

Wayne I agree with you 100% I suppose I'm just a bit skeptical that anyone will do it, given the uphill battle I had to fight to get the Frederick's and 6Y9er recognition for RE opening a closed airport.

Jesse did a wonderful thing not just for David but For GA and it should be recognized.

I would like to interject something. The article states: "Sue Smith met Angell and White in Michigan. After an introductory flight with them, she was hooked, and began planning to take flight lessons."

The author, Sue Smith, is a good friend of ours. She is already a pilot. She has not yet been to 6Y9. The introductory flight that Jesse gave was to another girl, who is "hooked" and plans to take lessons.

KUDOS again to Jesse for his dedication!!!

Hope to see the "normal" attendees at 6Y9 and also look forward to meeting others who may be able to come. Fingers [already] crossed for better wx. :)

I would like to interject something. The article states: "Sue Smith met Angell and White in Michigan. After an introductory flight with them, she was hooked, and began planning to take flight lessons."

The author, Sue Smith, is a good friend of ours. She is already a pilot. She has not yet been to 6Y9. The introductory flight that Jesse gave was to another girl, who is "hooked" and plans to take lessons.

KUDOS again to Jesse for his dedication!!!

Hope to see the "normal" attendees at 6Y9 and also look forward to meeting others who may be able to come. Fingers [already] crossed for better wx. :)

What about us abnormal attendees? :D

Back