flight today

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Rented a C172R. Three approaches--VOR, ILS, and GPS. After that, four landings. Got a very good CFII today at FDK (thanks, Sandy). Had a good time keeping current. (Instead of knocking rust off, just keep things oiled.) Only downside is realizing that since I fly so little, almost every flight has had to become a training flight. That isn't so bad, though--I love training flights. =D

Just to add--I've passed 400 hours now. Looking back over the past six years, it has been a lot of fun. I've done some big trips, lots of IFR flying, some acro, nice time in some complex birds, some challenging flights in, um, interesting weather, and lots of pleasant trips with family and friends.

awesome Ben, glad you are having fun.

Coming to the Glideathon at the end of the month? ;)

Rented a C172R. Three approaches--VOR, ILS, and GPS. After that, four landings. Got a very good CFII today at FDK (thanks, Sandy). Had a good time keeping current. (Instead of knocking rust off, just keep things oiled.) Only downside is realizing that since I fly so little, almost every flight has had to become a training flight. That isn't so bad, though--I love training flights. =D

Glad you had a good flight, Ben. I like training flights too, as much for the learning as for the sharing the flying experience with another human soul, even if I am having to pay for his/her presence.

It has been great. For those of you out there who are mid-training and wondering whether to continue or not, I would say this: DO IT. It is so worth it!

Back