Flight to Half Moon Bay from KEDU with some crappy narration

Nice! I try to get to Mezza Luna once a month from near you.

Thanks! I have made some videos in the past but always just video set to music. This was the first time with a gopro which vastly improves the quality I think. Also after watching enough "Flight Chops" videos (he makes analysis flying videos on youtube, very awesome channel) I was inspired to try a similar style. Also it is just a beautiful location.

Awesome video - thank you for uploading it! What are the weather patterns out at KHAF? My understanding is that it isn't vfr too often.

Awesome video - thank you for uploading it! What are the weather patterns out at KHAF? My understanding is that it isn't vfr too often.

That's not true. Have flown in many, many times. Check Sams Cam for current conditions:

http://www.samschowderhouse.com/about-sams/samcam.html

Did fly over once and found there was cloud layer over the runway only. Turned around and headed back toward the City. Planes headed down didn't believe me and had to go see for themselves because it was so clear.... It happens, but not that often. There are patterns and they repeat. Foggy mornings, clear by noon, returns in the evening. Or foggy all day. Currently "few at 1,200'..." beautiful evening.

Last edited:
Ah you guys are missing the boat. Princeton Seafood Company is where it's at.

Just made this flight yesterday after a long time of wanting to go to KHAF. It was a beautiful flight, and I put together a couple videos and photos that my passenger took with an attempt at narration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VdO8Ji7szI&list=UUUWXyB-JSy-h21azdNTZx7g

WOW! Nice video.

I'm the guy who took 24D for bay tour Sunday night as you took the 152 for a sunset tour. Where did you go for a sunset tour? Probably better then ours, the bay fogged in between take off and arrival. :rolleyes2:

Where do you see a list on the first Web site?

I see the list on the second Web site. Very handy - thanks!

Can't find that graphic version and the URL doesn't help...
I really like this site for a graphic view of my flying neighborhood and trends along a trip route: http://maps.avnwx.com/

Surprised more don't know of or use it. Dial in your radius first then your airport. It will remember by cookie even though it doesn't show up in the URL. Then under Weather (drop down) dial in what you like, I use TRFs, METARS, TAFs and winds aloft. Easy to see where the conditions are at a glance. Hover over a reporting airport and get more info, click on it for more and then click details for even more. All free.
For a small fee he has more to offer.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Nice video.
I fly to HAF several times a month, either with a friend, or I'll just buy a sandwich and soda and fly out, park and sit under the wing and watch the planes come and go.
The fog can come in within a matter of minutes. The summer with the onshore breeze is when it happens most often. The best months for visiting HAF are in the fall, the winter when it's not raining, and the early spring.
The local POA'ers have had several fly-in get-togethers and my former CFI likes to get people to fly in when crab season is on.

WOW! Nice video.

I'm the guy who took 24D for bay tour Sunday night as you took the 152 for a sunset tour. Where did you go for a sunset tour? Probably better then ours, the bay fogged in between take off and arrival. :rolleyes2:

Haha oh yah I thought it would be foggy, could you see the lights through the fog? We went over and did some circles over downtown sac, it was pretty peaceful, at least for me my passenger didn't have a headset.

Haha oh yah I thought it would be foggy, could you see the lights through the fog?

No. We diverted north and then back home while we are running around San Pablo Bay. Still pretty, just didn't get to the money shot. :lol:

We went over and did some circles over downtown sac, it was pretty peaceful, at least for me my passenger didn't have a headset.

Time to shop on ebay for a used headset. After a couple months, finally found one that was good and wasn't bid up to about the price of new!

Sacto sounds fun and low stress....compared to the bay area.

Back