Flight to Glendale Az Video

Tan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TheCapTan

With live games in Arizona for Hockey, I knew I had to go and what better excuse than to take the Arrow. Hit some great speeds 186 knots GS and turbulence along the way. Engine quit right after landing at Glendale (GEU).

Ok... so did you find out why the engine quick on roll out?

Ok... so did you find out why the engine quick on roll out?

Had my mechanic check it out and he adjusted idle which was too low. Last time he checked it with me it was around 600. When I checked it after this flight it was down to 350 but wasn't that low on runup. Maybe I was too fast on idle checks to bring it back to 1000. Ive been landing on Runway 8 at my home field a lot which as a up slope so after touch down i usually need to add slight power to keep from stopping on the runway.

I noticed the oil filler door was open during flight. Latch problems? I have had to re-work the one in my Arrow several times to fix that. Also...from what source did you get the wingtip mirror?

I noticed the oil filler door was open during flight. Latch problems? I have had to re-work the one in my Arrow several times to fix that. Also...from what source did you get the wingtip mirror?

Yes. The door hatch is on the list. I have a few minor squawks being fixed next week at my 50 hour oil change. My mechanic says is the thinning of the opening that is not leaving enough for the latch to hold on to. I bought the plane with the mirror. I'll ask the old owner to see.

Back