Flight Simulator Training in NYC, Westchester or Danbury, CT area?

Michele

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Michele
Hi, all.

Started IR training and CFII indicated that it might be a good idea to get some sim time in order to get my scan down. I have name of one company in Manhattan, but their prices are laughable. I live in Northern Westchester and work in Manhattan... anybody know of any nearby sim training companies?

Also, do you have any tips or suggestions with regards to sim training?

Thanks, Nina

Have you considered just buying a desktop sim like X-Plane? I would make sure you first understand *WHAT* your scan should be which the CFII can/should teach you. You can then use the desktop sim to enforce it.

Have you considered just buying a desktop sim like X-Plane? I would make sure you first understand *WHAT* your scan should be which the CFII can/should teach you. You can then use the desktop sim to enforce it.

Thanks for the response. Actually he is going to help me set up my desktop version with MS Flight Sim X. But I was having computer problems and was looking into alternatives. But, I think you're right, it's going to my laptop & MS FSX. Just thought I check around to cover all the bases. :wink2:

Nina

I know a very good CFII with access to a flight simulator at POU. Not expensive. PM me if you are interested.

Nina, I'm waiting to hear back from him.

Second Century Air as that's where I'm doing my PPL -- probably not too convenient for you, though.

If you do get your PC set up with FlightSim or X-Plane, why not add the hardware used by the pros (including Century)? I'm selling my PFC Cirrus II setup -- price is negotiable from the Ebay listing for PoA members.
I'm sure others could tell you better but this is great equipment for at home, ESPECIALLY for IFR (that's why I'm getting rid of...too much power for my VFR needs).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110594078096

Back