flight sim yoke and rudder pedals

Did you like the pedals? I have the CH yoke, but never bothered with the pedals, on MS Flight Sim.

I tried the X-plane sim the other day, which had rudder pedals, and didn't like it too much, but have never tried them with MS Flight simulator.

alaskaflyer said:
Did you like the pedals? I have the CH yoke, but never bothered with the pedals, on MS Flight Sim.

I tried the X-plane sim the other day, which had rudder pedals, and didn't like it too much, but have never tried them with MS Flight simulator.

They are OK. Certainly don't feel like real rudder pedals, but they were kind of fun to use for a little while.
Boy, I'm a terrible salesman.
I sort of think that in general, the rudder pedals are a waste of money, but if you were going to buy the yoke anyway (from me, that is) the rudder pedals would be cool to have.

Well, I'll make up for your poor salesmanship ;) by saying that I REALLY like my CH yoke and would recommend it. Some people like joysticks better for flightsim but since I'm not usually flying the fighter sims (or practicing instrument approaches in a J3 cub for that matter) the yoke works really well for me. Plus I have a joystick too :p

don't get me wrong, the rudder pedals are fun, and so is the yoke. it helped me out a lot when doing my IR. One cool thing about the rudder pedals is you can do some pretty crazy slips and aerobatic maneuvers with them....wheeeeeeee

Back