Flight sharing?

Pau

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pau
Hello everyone!

I've reading a lot last weeks around here but still never posted ;)

This christmas I'm traveling to New York for a few days and I was wondering where could I fly a couple of hours around the city (And I found great posts around here !)

And then I came with the idea... Wouldn't it be great to fly with a local pilot who shares the same passion and on my side offer also 'rides' to those who would like to fly here in my city, Barcelona?

So here I am, offering myself to fly with pilots who visit Barcelona and looking if anyone would like to share a ride with me in NY this christmas (I would pay the costs, obviously)

Best,
Pau

Hello everyone!

I've reading a lot last weeks around here but still never posted ;)

This christmas I'm traveling to New York for a few days and I was wondering where could I fly a couple of hours around the city (And I found great posts around here !)

And then I came with the idea... Wouldn't it be great to fly with a local pilot who shares the same passion and on my side offer also 'rides' to those who would like to fly here in my city, Barcelona?

So here I am, offering myself to fly with pilots who visit Barcelona and looking if anyone would like to share a ride with me in NY this christmas (I would pay the costs, obviously)

Best,
Pau
I like the idea. I'm in Glenwood Springs, CO and can offer the same but due to limitations set forth by the FAA, I am going to say "You pay your SHARE of the flight."

NJ-based pilot here. Happy to fly with you. PM me if interested. I'm IFR with ~200 hrs experience.

La oferta que está haciendo es ilegal en los Estados Unidos.

I am out of KFRG. I have done the Hudson route more times than I can count. Airport is 45 min train ride from manhattan. If interested PM me.

La oferta que está haciendo es ilegal en los Estados Unidos.
How is that illegal? :dunno: Each person pays their portion of the expense, unless said PIC has a CPL.

How is that illegal? :dunno: Each person pays their portion of the expense, unless said PIC has a CPL.
Even with the CPL, you can't give sight seeing flights for hire without a part 135 type of drug test program in place.

There is nothing wrong with making friends and taking them flying. Money shouldn't be a part of the discussion though

Even with the CPL, you can't give sight seeing flights for hire without a part 135 type of drug test program in place.
You used to be exempt from the drug test as long as you stayed within a 25nm radius from the departure point operating under 91. I see now this new 91.147 which prevents that. Just got up to speed on this. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

I think FAA is a bit more strict in this aspect than EASA here. In Europe as far as you don't earn money with the flights I think you can share the costs without problem. But of course the topic is to make friends and fly together, not to make sightseeing tours for tourists! ;P

Back