Flight share website

From what I found on another forum, they just added that feature. So it may get some more added before long.

Y'all be careful about these sites. From the FAA Counsel (full letter attached):
We do not view such a solicitation by itself as running afoul of the regulations, although individual postings may raise issues of potential violations...The ability of pilots to list flights with no specificity as to dates or points of operation would appear to ignore the common purpose requirement, however, and raises concern about the potential holding out an offer of air transportation in violation of Sec. 119.5(k), which prohibits advertising or otherwise offering to perform an operation requiring direct air carrier certification.
Unlike the pilotsharetheride site, the pilotoutlook site appears to require that you list specific locations, dates, and times, so it may pass muster. Or maybe not -- the FAA handles these on a case-by-case basis.

Attachments

• FAA Letter - Ride Sharing.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 9
Ron,

I am founder of PilotOutlook. I am aware of FAA regulations on this and they have been clearly posted on the introduction page as well as the document (big thanks to you) posted also states the same point.

We require our members to follow the regulations and make the flying fun and more cost effective for fellow pilots.

Thanks for posting and useful discussion. I will appreciate if you have any feedback on the website, PilotOutlook.com

Thanks,
Rajat
Founder,
PilotOutlook.com

Of the two I see, one has passed the date. But, given it's listed as a "Local Tour" flight, I don't think that would pass muster under the regs.

The second one, falls in line though twenty bucks an hour from CT makes the total cost questionable. They would do better to say they would offer a seat at X dollars, estimated to be 50% or less of the flight expense.

I will appreciate if you have any feedback on the website, PilotOutlook.com

Might want to use something other than a radio-controlled Cessna as your major graphic on the upper right. I dunno, seems it detracts from the credibility of things.

Thanks, I will definitely look into this when we go through redesign.

Also, its a new program and it can only be successful by your help.

Thanks,
Rajat

Back