Flight Service User Profile

bnunn

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bob
Lockheed Martin User profile.
You can set up a user profile with Flight Service. You basically give them that information that is usually on your every flight plan. Aircraft ID, Type/Eqp, TAS, Pilot Name, Address, Phone, Home Base, Color of aircraft, etc. They add that information to their database. You establish a couple of telephone numbers that you will be calling from. Then, when you call in, your caller ID pulls up this data on the briefer's screen so that you don't have to provide it to them every time. Just call 1-800-992-7433 (WX-BRIEF), option 1 and say "any briefer". Tell them you would like to set up a user profile. (the briefer I got had never done it before, and I could tell he was getting some help, but he appreciated me giving him this information. He said it would definitely speed up the flight plan filing process).

Lockheed Martin User profile.
You can set up a user profile with Flight Service. You basically give them that information that is usually on your every flight plan. Aircraft ID, Type/Eqp, TAS, Pilot Name, Address, Phone, Home Base, Color of aircraft, etc. They add that information to their database. You establish a couple of telephone numbers that you will be calling from. Then, when you call in, your caller ID pulls up this data on the briefer's screen so that you don't have to provide it to them every time. Just call 1-800-992-7433 (WX-BRIEF), option 1 and say "any briefer". Tell them you would like to set up a user profile. (the briefer I got had never done it before, and I could tell he was getting some help, but he appreciated me giving him this information. He said it would definitely speed up the flight plan filing process).
Cool. Do you know if you can you set up multiple tail numbers on a single profile? I thought you were supposed to be able to do this on your own on the website, but last time I looked (about a month ago), I couldn't find that function.

Cool. Do you know if you can you set up multiple tail numbers on a single profile? I thought you were supposed to be able to do this on your own on the website, but last time I looked (about a month ago), I couldn't find that function.

Single tail number, AND single phone number, from what I was told at the FSS Wings seminar last month.

Grant, if you go to www.afss.com, click the "Logon" link in the top right corner (set up an account if you don't have one). Once logged on, click the "My Info" link on the left-hand nav, under "Pilot Feedback". This is where you tie your phone number to your aircraft id. Because of the one-number-per-profile current system limitation, they suggested that you register with the phone number you'd most commonly call from... i.e., your cell.

Single tail number, AND single phone number, from what I was told at the FSS Wings seminar last month.

Grant, if you go to www.afss.com, click the "Logon" link in the top right corner (set up an account if you don't have one). Once logged on, click the "My Info" link on the left-hand nav, under "Pilot Feedback". This is where you tie your phone number to your aircraft id. Because of the one-number-per-profile current system limitation, they suggested that you register with the phone number you'd most commonly call from... i.e., your cell.
Thanks Troy. Of course, I could tie my home number to the turbo 182, the cell to the 210, and Leslie's cell to the other 182! :goofy:

Thanks Troy. Of course, I could tie my home number to the turbo 182, the cell to the 210, and Leslie's cell to the other 182! :goofy:

You sure could! Then, just remember to call in using the "right" line. I'd get confused. We did suggest to them that they need to allow us to populate the profile with ALL the lines we use. :yes:

Back