Flight seeing in vegas

Monpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Monpilot
I'm heading to Vegas tomorrow so I'm stretching the timeline for planning things to do.

I went on a discovery flight in Maine to see lighthouses and the bell just ring in my head that I could do something similar this trip to Vegas and fly the Grand Canyon.

Anyone have recommendations on the best way to do this? Stick to the tourist operators or try a discovery intro flight?

Suggestions appreciated.

You can easily get a helo tour out to the canyon (well, as easy as signing the credit card statement) They're like flies out there.

If you want to fly it yourself there's an outfit at KHND called Monarch Sky that can set you up. I've flown their Arrow a few times. http://www.monarchsky.com/monarch-sky-flying-club/transient-members

Go for it !

A few years ago I looked into this and found an fbo at North Las Vegas to take a flight with. Rented the plane ( older Bonanza ) and instructor and had a great flight over the Hoover Dam, a few other sites and then back to the airport right over the needle hotel and directly over the strip at 1200'. A great experience!

I tried searching for the name of the place that I rented from but couldn't find it. They might have changed hands or names. But I think it was at the location of "West Air" at that airport.

Have fun..

Back