Flight School Available

RMCN172RG

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Ray
Tradewinds Pilot Center at PTK is closing today.:(

They are negotiating with a buyer but if that falls through the planes and/or the business will be available.:dunno:

How large of a school are we talking?

4 172R, 1 172RG, 1 172SP Glass, 1 Frasca 142 simulator.

They had 10 CFI's on the schedule but I understand some of thems have been given jobs in the Corporate FLight division that they are keeping.

Average day over the last few weeks is five students and three or four non student rentals. The weather sucks though.

I've heard they plan on keeping the SP, but everything is negotiable.

What do you know about the 172RG?

It's was nicer inside than the one I bought:(

It's an 82 or 83. I think around 5000 hours TT but don't hold me to that. No instrument upgrades that I recall. It does have DME and ADF. No autopilot.

I beleive the heater is a Tanis with externally mounted receptable to plug it in.

If he sends me an email that they're selling them off and I don't trade out mine for it want me to let you know?:yes:

Here's a link to some pictures, one is the RG instrument panel. Color Schemes are all the same. They sold the Duchess last spring.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?airlinesearch=Tradewinds Aviation&distinct_entry=true

I was inquiring for the school that just lost the 172RG from a gear-up landing. Insurance will total it and the school was already tight with just three RGs. I sent the info on.

Tradewinds Pilot Center at PTK is closing today.:(

They are negotiating with a buyer but if that falls through the planes and/or the business will be available.:dunno:
Hi Ray
I know they have been talking to Barry Sutton about buying the school, but I know he is already pretty busy on the north side and of course his other school. Between check rides and his own students Barry is pretty busy most days.

Regards Mike

Hi Ray
I know they have been talking to Barry Sutton about buying the school, but I know he is already pretty busy on the north side and of course his other school. Between check rides and his own students Barry is pretty busy most days.

That doesn't suprise me. I had my PPL check ride with Barry at Lapeer. I know Dan Holtsclaw and some of the other CFI's will probably be working out of PAC. If they get enough business to come over PAC will add additional aircraft so I knew they were not the "interested" party.

That doesn't suprise me. I had my PPL check ride with Barry at Lapeer. I know Dan Holtsclaw and some of the other CFI's will probably be working out of PAC. If they get enough business to come over PAC will add additional aircraft so I knew they were not the "interested" party.
I think Barrys only problem is he is so busy at PTK now. He has 2 other instructors already working for him at Aviation Station and he now has a citbria, a super D, a 152, and a cirruis on his rental line. I am not suprised that Tradewinds is closing down, it seem to me the few times I went in there they didn't really want the GA pilots hanging out there.

Regards Mike

Back