Flight Review

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Anyone know of some websites where I can go to with some Q&A and practive problems that I can brush up on for the Flight Review?

Thanks

If your flight review will be at the private pilot level, go sign up at the Gold Seal Ground School - www.OnlineGroundSchool.com. A third of the course is free so study those areas. They'll be a good refresher for you and won't cost you a dime.

If you haven't already done so, register with FAASafety at www.FAASafety.gov .

You'll find an excellent Wings Program course titled "Flight Review Prep Guide" along with many other online courses that give you Wings Program credit.

Mike

If you want to make it quick and painless...use the same instructor you did for your private(if he/she is still around).

If you want to make it quick and painless...use the same instructor you did for your private(if he/she is still around).

No, unfortunately for me he passed away many years ago....

The guy I am using is heavy on getting back to basics. Even though I don't believe this is part of the review, he wants to see you use the E6B to solve a few problems, and do a long hand W&B calculation.

I am OK with all of this, didn't realize how rusty/lazy I have gotten with all this...

The upside, playing with my E6B is bringing back some memories....

No, unfortunately for me he passed away many years ago....

The guy I am using is heavy on getting back to basics. Even though I don't believe this is part of the review, he wants to see you use the E6B to solve a few problems, and do a long hand W&B calculation.

I am OK with all of this, didn't realize how rusty/lazy I have gotten with all this...

The upside, playing with my E6B is bringing back some memories....

Going over the E6B is unusual to me for a flight review but I have seen that required on aircraft checkouts, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility. My preference is to let the client come up with stuff to work on or I do it based on that person's back ground. So you won't find me requiring you to pull out an E6B that you might not even possess any more. You might have to pull out your iPad instead. :)

David

It is a flight review, not a test. For that 1 hour ground session, the CFI should not be giving an oral exam. he should be reviewing and discussing things with you. It really is an opportunity for you to learn.

It is a flight review, not a test. For that 1 hour ground session, the CFI should not be giving an oral exam. he should be reviewing and discussing things with you. It really is an opportunity for you to learn.

You are right. I have only given one oral review like a test and I didn't like it. The client challenged me basically to go through part 91 and stump him. I felt like I was doing a disservice to him and it made me feel like an adversary. I won't do that again. I was much more inexperienced and didn't realize the downsides till it was too late. Lesson learnt.

David

Going over the E6B is unusual to me for a flight review but I have seen that required on aircraft checkouts, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility. My preference is to let the client come up with stuff to work on or I do it based on that person's back ground. So you won't find me requiring you to pull out an E6B that you might not even possess any more. You might have to pull out your iPad instead. :)

David

Yes, I too have never seen this before and I have been through a few of these...

Guess it doesn't hurt to work this stuff out with something that doesn't require a battery...

Back