Flight review in Philly?

schmookeeg

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mike Brannigan
Heya all,

Am in Philadelphia PA on business all next week, and it looks like my Flight Review is due to expire at month's end. A nuisance item, but I'm stuck in a hostile land anyway, so curious if there's a good FBO/outfit you can recommend?

Singles/twins are fine. Don't have a lot of slack time over and above, say, a 4 hour block, so nothing toooooo crazy :)

Thanks in advance,

- Mike

I did my primary at N57 many moons ago... and have heard they are still top notch. But if Biden is in Wilmington, they shut down.

https://www.newgardenflyingfield.com/

There is also KLOM - Wings Field.. one of the oldest airports in the area and the birthplace of AOPA. I rented a 172 a few years back with out too much hassel.. can't remember the name of the outfit but they were in the old shed.

And, Northeast Philadelphia Airport - can't give you a point of reference, but pretty sure there is something on the field that could help you out.

As for cheesesteaks.. Geno's and Pats.....:D

Have fun, are you staying in the city?

I did my primary at N57 many moons ago... and have heard they are still top notch. But if Biden is in Wilmington, they shut down.

https://www.newgardenflyingfield.com/

There is also KLOM - Wings Field.. one of the oldest airports in the area and the birthplace of AOPA. I rented a 172 a few years back with out too much hassel.. can't remember the name of the outfit but they were in the old shed.

And, Northeast Philadelphia Airport - can't give you a point of reference, but pretty sure there is something on the field that could help you out.

As for cheesesteaks.. Geno's and Pats.....:D

Have fun, are you staying in the city?

Thanks! -- Yep. Some place called Logan Square. The plan is to uber around, but I have time to get a car if that is wrongheaded. My hotel is across from my client's office building, so that part should be easy enough. I wonder if they have zipcar or similar.

Know it well... like you I am in CA, my corporate office is right off of Market Street - need to be there at least twice a year. There is an Enterprise car rental a few blocks off Market on 19th - short walk. You can Uber to Wings and Northeast, but Newgarden is going to require a car.. Check the TFR though if going Newgarden...

Recommend the Oyster House for dinner...

Have fun...

Back