Flight Planning

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
looks like ive got about everything I need...

Attachments

• DSC01651.JPG
    DSC01651.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 59
You should market that "Long Trip Planning Kit" to Sporty's. I'm sure some poor sap would buy it!

You should market that "Long Trip Planning Kit" to Sporty's. I'm sure some poor sap would buy it!

...Available with easily removable Scotch tape, or with heavy-duty chart-wrecking duct tape, guaranteeing that you'll have a homemade WAC chart forever.

I can't fold a normal map on a good day. That's like the jigsaw puzzle of the map world. Are you just going to carpet the airplane with that?

no you sillies! i had duct taped an old chicago sectional, a current chicago, current green bay, and a chunk of paper representing the other side of the green bay all together so i could draw a line with the broomstick from Green Castle to 6Y9. Then pull it all apart and complete the lines on the other sides of the current maps. the maps are all nicely folded now (with no duct tape damage) with nice lines drawn, all highlighted with checkpoints marked and nav log filled out. Now i just need not headwinds so that i can make it nonstop with decent reserves.

Matt - if you'd learn to fold a map your passengers wouldnt get so nervous when it explodes in the cockpit.

chris- good idea. package broomsticks and duct tape, sell for about 50 bucks.

Tony, if I could fold maps I'd have a real job, like an engineer or something :).

Only $50? If you're selling it at Sportys it has to cost at least 80, and the duct tape can't work after about a week.

Just out of curiosity, how many helicopters are going to be flying around partial panel because you took time to make up that nav log? :p

Just out of curiosity, how many helicopters are going to be flying around partial panel because you took time to make up that nav log? :p

haha. no luck there. although maybe on thursday night i can plug some numbers into a box here and figure groundspeed, mag heading etc. or i could just use my flight computer.

nav log is firmly written on my trusty yellow legal pad in my favorite pen. no electronics here.

Only $50? If you're selling it at Sportys it has to cost at least 80, and the duct tape can't work after about a week.

Don't forget the "IFR" version. It's only $75 more BUT it comes with a handy-dandy "chart clip" (aka large wal-mart paper clip).

Tony,

You call yourself an instructor? You're using a WAC broom with your sectional charts. Duh!

chip, are there any comedy clubs in Arkansas? I think its time for you to quit that CFI gig.

I thought you were bringing the official mascot....the Prickett-Grooms-Broom.
Either that or there was going to be a curling match, and you needed to bring your own equipment.

Hey, with that broom, tony can be responsible for the FOD walk every morning. I better not see any dirt on that runway in the pictures, Tony! :)

Charts, how quaint!

I just fly north and occasionally will ask for any traffic to please advise, then I get a DF steer to the airport via a black helo. But then I learned how to navigate from MAG ;)

here's the deluxe add on to the long XC flight planning kit. I better call Hal!

Attachments

• DSC01657.JPG
    DSC01657.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 10
oh and holy surprise Batman! My Zuluboard just got here today. PERFECT TIMING!

I love it already!

Attachments

• DSC01658.JPG
    DSC01658.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01660.JPG
    DSC01660.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 12
Back