Flight Physical

Kody_Kilo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kody
Hello all,
I'm a new member to the forum! So here is my question. I'm looking for a place in the Los Angeles area for my flight physical. I would like to get it done this week. 3rd class airman fixed.

Thanks.

There's a full list of Aviation Medical Examiners by location on the FAA web site.
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator/

True dat... But a reminder to the airmen that consult that list that it won't tell you if they meet the add-on qualifications Bruce rightly says they should have:
  • is a pilot,
  • knows the OKC doc's well and has them on speed dial,
  • a distinct unwillingness to put an airman in the hell that is the deferral queue,
  • willing to do work ahead of the exam to prepare for using the speed dial to get telephonic approval of SI's and other odd issuances,
  • provide correct counsel to avoid deferral hell,
  • act as your advocate when things go strange and the AME needs to step in...

True dat... But a reminder to the airmen that consult that list that it won't tell you if they meet the add-on qualifications Bruce rightly says they should have:
  • is a pilot,
  • knows the OKC doc's well and has them on speed dial,
  • a distinct unwillingness to put an airman in the hell that is the deferral queue,
  • willing to do work ahead of the exam to prepare for using the speed dial to get telephonic approval of SI's and other odd issuances,
  • provide correct counsel to avoid deferral hell,
  • act as your advocate when things go strange and the AME needs to step in...
Agreed -- but it's a starting point from which you can perform you due diligence.

The way this section of the board should work IMO is just exactly as 93K says in post #2.

If you have potential "issues", engage Dr. Bruce (above) BEFORE you fill out your application!

Thank you for all your info everyone, there will be no "issues" with health just a regular check <40 y.o.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back