Flight Lesson 8/17/2009

ELTsanwich

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Eric
Nice and hot day for a lesson, right around 94 degrees and 80% humidity = a moist day in the C-150. Took off from Monroe Custard and flew down to my home city of Toledo to go into their class C airport Toledo Express. Still getting use to talking the approach and departure controlled airspaces, but getting much better. We did three touch and goes on what seems to be a ten times bigger runway than Monroe has. Even though as a general aviation airport Monroe has right around a mile of runway. Toledo's runway looks gigantic with lots of black tire marks all over the place. The 180th fighter wing is also connected so we get to fly right over the top of some F/16's and some F/18's...speaking of which there was a F/18 sitting over by one of the gates and not in the base which I found to be a little weird.

On the way back we had Toledo do flight following for us to Monroe. Very helpful because there was a airplane in the area not using the radio to much. Did a smooth landing there and ended the lesson.

Not much of a challenge. My blind grandmother could land at TOL. Try DUH a little farther North. Not much there, but the strip is worth a try.

Back