Flight Lesson 3/07/10

Walter233

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Walter
After a hiatus from power flying back in September (Persuing gliding more and getting ready to solo at the time) I took back into the sky in the Citabria (On skis for the first time!) on February 16 & 20.
____
Now with all the snow melted, and the wheels back on, we flew out to Carrol County Airport in Westminster, MD for a dual XC and praticed pilotage and dead reckoning. Weather was beautiful today with clear skies 30+ miles visibility, and WNW Winds at 7 gusting to about 14 kts. We did 4 patterns at Caroll, where I made some nice TOs & Ldgs. I really have the feel of the Citabria again.

Next flight: Dual XC to Ocean City or some Solo Glider Flight(s). Will keep posted!

Total flight time: 27.9 Hours

After a hiatus from power flying back in September (Persuing gliding more and getting ready to solo at the time) I took back into the sky in the Citabria (On skis for the first time!) on February 16 & 20.
____
Now with all the snow melted, and the wheels back on, we flew out to Carrol County Airport in Westminster, MD for a dual XC and praticed pilotage and dead reckoning. Weather was beautiful today with clear skies 30+ miles visibility, and WNW Winds at 7 gusting to about 14 kts. We did 4 patterns at Caroll, where I made some nice TOs & Ldgs. I really have the feel of the Citabria again.

Next flight: Dual XC to Ocean City or some Solo Glider Flight(s). Will keep posted!

Total flight time: 27.9 Hours

Spring and summer thermals are coming... need to get that glider rating done... :yesnod:

Back