Flight Lesson: 09-16-09

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
Had a great lesson today. Filled with new, fun, and odd happenings.

Got the the Airport went and Preflighted the Plane then hopped in and taxied down to Runway Three Five. Took off and came in for an Ok landing. CFI had to grab the Yoke due to the 10-15 X-wind. Been a while since I have had to deal with a X-wind so I had to adjust to that. By the third one I had it down good, and on the forth landing my CFI soloed me again.

First solo landing was pretty good. Better than most of my other Solo landings, Then it got kinda strange. On downwind abeam the numbers I started my landing check list and noticed a white Cessna 150/152 (it stays in the hanger next to the plane I fly) way low, and making no radio contact. So I made sure I kept an eye on where it was. I turned Base then over the radio I start hearing moaning nosies coming from the White Cessna in front of me. First thing that came to mind is he is maybe his having medical problems, and can't clear the runway. I'm on final he has not cleared the runway, so I made the decision (<-- Sp?) to go around in case he is indeed having problems and can't clear the runway. Right as I did he cleared the runway. To late to land now, already started the go around.
After going around I landed and picked up my CFI then headed back to the hanger with Lots of new knowledge, and 1.2 more hours under my belt! 19.8 hours total now.

Glad to see you're moving right along. When do you start nav work and cross countries?

Good job with that unusual incident... was the other pilot actually having some problem (moaning?!)? :confused:

Not sure on when I'll start my XC training. We are just working on getting good solo landings, then we'll start XC.

Not sure what was going on with him. Maybe he just does not like landings. lol

Not sure on when I'll start my XC training. We are just working on getting good solo landings, then we'll start XC.

Not sure what was going on with him. Maybe he just does not like landings. lol
I think your instructor just paid him to not taxi off the runway. That wouldn't require a commercial certificate, either!:frog:

Funny you say that. My CFI told me he was hoping that he would stop on the runway so I would have to make the desission of going around.

Good job Snag! :thumbsup: Glad to hear your move'n along. XC's are fun, when it's not windy as a ________!:D

I'm miss'n it, been nearly 3 weeks since I've been up. (work)

Got any more vids. Put one in the plane.:thumbsup:

I'm really looking forward to XC work.
No more vids. I'm waiting to get me PPL to take vids.

Back