Flight Instructors Model Code of Conduct (FIMCC)

I can say that I adhere to most of those. That code of conduct is completely overboard though. Someone wasted a lot of time.

Wow, that's a whopper. Must have been some grant money involved in that.

Thanks for your thoughts, Jesse. I didn't write it; Just stumbled across it on the Net. Was linked from one of those "newsletters" you get from various CFIs who are selling something other than flight instruction.

Books, whatever... I have no problem with it, and some are worthwhile, but I get about three or four a month that aren't anything but regurgitated "safety" news that can be found elsewhere, with links in them to the CFI's book.

I kinda get a kick out of them linking from one of those places to a "Code of Conduct" since I kinda find the ethics of sending a "safety" newsletter along with links to "Buy my book" somewhat unethical. Just a touch. Not a lot.

There were MBAs and PhDs listed as contributors.... looks like a school research committee project.
Very complete

I got extremely bored reading that...so bored I couldn't finish. Felt like I wasted a valuable 2 mins of my life.

I commend them for managing to not using the words, "leverage" or "synergy". It must have been tempting.

Back