Flight instructors in Bham, AL area

jmn107

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jmneal
Hi all,
Been lurking for a few months and have found some great info and insight on getting my PPL. I currently live in Birmingham and am looking for a CFI, preferably not at BHM. I'd prefer Bessemer (EKY) if possible because it's closer to where I work and have heard it's a great airport to train from. I know they use to have a school there but can't seem to find it online. Thanks for any info Bhamians can provide.

I'm a little too far south, I trained in Prattville. There are 3 really good instructors here.

I fly out of BHM. Got my ticket through the Birmingham flight center. Give them a call. If you want to train out of somewhere close they may work with you. If not they will get you in touch with a CFI in your area. They are a great bunch of pilots. I am working on my IFR rating with them right now. You can't replace the experience of training out of Class Charlie. Really speeds up the radio confidence.

If they don't have a website or phone number you can find to call, stop by the school at Bessemer someday, since it's close to work, and talk to them.

Back