Flight instructor ratings?

KeithASanford

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MyTurnToFly
Is there a database somewhere that lists all certified flight instructors and their certs? I'd like to vet a potential instructor who teaches at a part 61 school. Thanks.

Well, you could contact some recent students.. You could contact local examiners... Don't know if there is a list

Well you can search the airmen database pretty easily or you can download the actual database files and process them in whichever manner you can think up.

Well you can search the airmen database pretty easily or you can download the actual database files and process them in whichever manner you can think up.

I'm having trouble searching the database. It requires an address, which I don't have and an employer, which I'm not sure the instructor has. I'll check the download.

I'm having trouble searching the database. It requires an address, which I don't have and an employer, which I'm not sure the instructor has. I'll check the download.

That first screen is your address, not the person for whom you are searching. For employer put "self" as it says on the instructions.

Edit : are you saying you personally do not have an address?

That first screen is your address, not the person for whom you are searching. For employer put "self" as it says on the instructions.

Yeah, I was entering the CFI's name there by mistake. That's what I get for not reading...:D

I've found what I was looking for. Thanks!

Questing, that information that they make you enter about yourself, what is it used for?

Statistics on who is using the database to justify funding.

So a search by 'Itsme' 'Bob' in Anywheretown, Northern Marinara Islands' with a zip of '12345' is going to get them more or less funding ?

So a search by 'Itsme' 'Bob' in Anywheretown, Northern Marinara Islands' with a zip of '12345' is going to get them more or less funding ?

I'm not an IT guy, and I'm sure filters are in place. As with most things in a bureaucracy they have to justify expenditures. Perhaps they could have done it with a simple hit counter, or given that the people that write these programs are possessed with security and think making someone fill out several lines will keep bots from accessing the database, who knows. :dunno:

In fact, you can just put minimal entries (like a single X) in each of those stupid fields. The FAA isn't legally empowered to collect that information despite what they lie and say on the webpage. You do have to put a 5 digit number in for the zip code (but they don't verify it against the city you put in).

Back