Want To Buy Flight helmet

sgenie

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Genie
Looking for a flight helmet, preferably HGU-53/55/84/p, civilian conversion, single visor.

Thanks, but they don't sell direct to New Zealand. Anyway, already found it, thanks a lot!

Aren’t they just a distributor for Gentex?
Yes and no. The helmets themselves are fine. It’s the civilian internals that G&B puts in that suck. And they really suck at troubleshooting problems with the internals.

Crap like you send them a helmet that they worked that you have tested UNSAT in multiple aircraft and their response is ‘it bench tests just fine’

Tiger Performance made me up a nice A-20 comm for my Gallet LH-050. If I was looking for a GA helmet today? I'd go with a Team Wendy SAR and a Lightspeed comm kit. Especially if I flew in hot weather. My Gallet gets warm.

Yes and no. The helmets themselves are fine. It’s the civilian internals that G&B puts in that suck. And they really suck at troubleshooting problems with the internals.

Crap like you send them a helmet that they worked that you have tested UNSAT in multiple aircraft and their response is ‘it bench tests just fine’

Oh, their service. We don’t go through them for sales or maintenance. 6 years with an SPH-5 and it hasn’t needed anything other than an annual inspection.

Back