• 800-1500

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • 1500-2000

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • >2000

Votes: 19 22.4%

• Total voters
bbchien said:
It's not total time, though it's well over 2000. It what you did in that time. :)

I could not agree more. It is what is in the hours that count. I have well over 2k and I am still learning.

John J

Total hours are big with guys looking for senority that well, fly a lot of hours -like airlines. A 2000 hour pilot can have more flight experience than a 20,000 hour pilot that has "flown the same hour, over & over."

Logged time only. I didn't attempt to estimate the uncountable hours of experience growing up and ride alongs. What Bruce said...It's what you do in that time that counts.

Hey Bruce is lifeline looking for any more pilots or would they rather have a donation.

Maximus

maximus said:
Hey Bruce is lifeline looking for any more pilots or would they rather have a donation.
Maximus
Guy, we could use either or better, both! :) We have both as rate limiting factors....

bbchien said:
Guy, we could use either or better, both! :) We have both as rate limiting factors....

Why the 250 PIC requirement? Gonna take me almost all year to get there.

bbchien said:

Well I will only be able to help little finacially :( But consider me your newest pilot :)

maximus said:
Interested in seeing how much total time this board has.

'Bout 2700 logged, 'bout the same plus change that I never wrote down, nobody cares anymore.

What's that saying? "The only hour that counts is the next one." :rolleyes:

About 1400 and counting...

What is interesting is how you shift from counting every hour, to every 10 hours, then it's every 50 hours...

Since 1200 hours I've only been watching for 1500 hours for the ATP, and after that probably only 2000 hours will catch my attention.

As others have said, quality of time counts... but sadly not to many insurance companies. :)

I just got back from Flordia, flew my better half down there in the Twin Comanche for her 32nd birthday. She wanted sun and beach, so we spent 5 days down there.

N2212R said:
Why the 250 PIC requirement? Gonna take me almost all year to get there.

Hook up with a qualified pilot and split the fuel costs and logged PIC hours. The enjoyment of this type of flying can easily be shared, and you'll be that much closer to the 250 hours. I'll bet Bruce can suggest a few in your area.

John J said:
I could not agree more. It is what is in the hours that count. I have well over 2k and I am still learning.

John J

I'm pushing 2700, gathered over a period of about 27 years. It seems I'm getting to the point where I forget about as fast as I learn.

lancefisher said:
I'm pushing 2700, gathered over a period of about 27 years. It seems I'm getting to the point where I forget about as fast as I learn.

It's funny, I have over 1700 and at one time thought that if I ever had this many hours that I would be flying better by now. Guess it's the fate of the perfectionist. To quote a famous CFI: "It's hard to teach a perfectionist; they never meet their own expectations."

It's in the 3000's some where. I really dont know. I need to do my log book. I think the last entry was in November of 2004. I have a couple of little black books that have every leg logged. One day I will get to it.

Brent

Whirlwind I know what you mean...I just broke 2700 and it seems now the number folks are looking for in hiring a Jet Cap is 3500!! Argghhhh Its never enuf it seems. Good luck and keep plugging away!

I was looking at the books last night and some of my best flying hour experience was flying co-pilot. I have logged just about 1200 hours of right seat time. Much of it was in the old Beech 18 and enjoyed every minute of it.

John J

Just passed 300, and still lovin' every minute.

Uncle Sam got me started on this addictive habbit!!

We graduated from flight school with 220 hours; took a written test to get our commercial instrumet (rotary wing) . Got civil fixed with instrument on Christmas break and while taking Cobra trasnsition during the day in beautiful Savanna, GA.

Then we got some challenging turbine rotary time in RVN. Got to practice more than one precautionary landing to see where the holes were in the aircraft.

Large breaks in time as if have flown, then not on and off since 1971. Purchased the A-36 four years ago and have kept it pretty busy during that period.

Best,

Dave
A-36TN ADS

:D Gee, it was just a matter of 30 minutes that put me in the 10-40 slot instead of the under 10.

Wish I can log time reading all the great advice on the board!

Peace!

Terry
(who was so proud to have filled up the FIRST page of the logbook two weeks ago)

terzap said:
Terry
(who was so proud to have filled up the FIRST page of the logbook two weeks ago)

Sigh... Isn't that the truth... :)

It is downright amazing how fast your view of these things change.

Not to worry, soon enough you'll be watching for that last page of the logbook, to finish it off. :)

Everskyward said:
What's that saying? "The only hour that counts is the next one." :rolleyes:

Yeah, 'bout right. Once you have enough logged for whatever ratings and to make everyones insurance happy, all you need to log is enough to show currency.

Back