Flight Club or Partial Ownership in North Houston

blinkstafoo82

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
blinkstafoo82
I will be getting my PPL soon and while I am not ready to commit to full aircraft ownership at this time I am looking for a club or partial ownership of a single engine plane.

How is the best way to go about finding someone looking for partial ownership?

I have done google searches for clubs and found a few close to me (Hooks and Lone Star executive) but the one at KCXO won't return my emails.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

I am in the same boat as yourself. Started training at DWH, but now finishing at CXO. No active clubs at CXO that are similar to southwest at Hooks. I wish there was as I feel the facilities are far superior at CXO.

So, when do you estimate finishing your PPL chase? Are you considering a partnership...I see that you might be interested?

Dave

Dakota Lynn (his name on this board) is somewhere close to both of you. Check with him on what he knows about clubs or his interest in any co-owner opportunities.

Dakota Lynn (his name on this board) is somewhere close to both of you. Check with him on what he knows about clubs or his interest in any co-owner opportunities.

There are two options at KTME - Houston Executive. Lynn is in one of those.

There are multiple partnership opportunities at KIWS - West Houston. If you're interested in those, let me know I can connect you with the right folks who can help you. I know of a 1/4 share in a Citabria and a 1/3 of a share in a 182 that are available right now, and I'm sure that there are others.

Tagging on to this thread for folks in the north DFW area, Metro Flyers in Denton has 2 shares available in our club (current members wanting to sell). We have a C182P for $110/wet/tach and a V35 with new engine/avionics for $130/wet/tach

There are multiple partnership opportunities at KIWS - West Houston. If you're interested in those, let me know I can connect you with the right folks who can help you. I know of a 1/4 share in a Citabria and a 1/3 of a share in a 182 that are available right now, and I'm sure that there are others.

What are the 2 options at KTME? I am currently taking lessons from KTME and interested in these options once I have my PPL. Also contemplating full ownership or partnership but would like to explore all options.

Thanks.

One is mentioned above, other is US Flight Club. Owner was my CFII for a while, both he and "manager" used to be out of Weiser. Have two recent loaded Archer III's and a 6/Saratoga/Lance fixed gear similarly equipped. Pretty good deal but TME just seems too far for me.

Letting you know.

PM me with details please. Please note that I have taken a solemn vow to only rent/fly/own/partner on aircraft with A/C.

Letting you know.

PM me with details please. Please note that I have taken a solemn vow to only rent/fly/own/partner on aircraft with A/C.

Neither has A/C. They do buy Cirrus' occasionally that do have A/C. Those are usually 4 way partnerships because of the price, but they're out there.

Happy to make introductions if you're interested. Current offerings have no A/C though...

I am in the same boat as yourself. Started training at DWH, but now finishing at CXO. No active clubs at CXO that are similar to southwest at Hooks. I wish there was as I feel the facilities are far superior at CXO.

So, when do you estimate finishing your PPL chase? Are you considering a partnership...I see that you might be interested?

Dave

I hope to finish my PPL by the end of this year. I have 32 hours now.

And yes I would be interested in a partnership with the right person and the right plane.

The first rule of Flight Club is

NM, that's stupid.

Yes there are, but my concern is 50 members for 3 planes.

I dont know if thats normal numbers for a club, but it seems like alot.

It can be. But a fair question to the club is how many of those 50 are actually flying and how many are dormant.

In my club of 16 members and 2 aircraft, we have 5-6 that are flying more than 10hrs a month, 2-4 less than 10, and the remainder are dormant.

also ask to see the scheduler system. From here, you can look backward and forward to gauge how busy their aircraft are.

For a while, I belonged to a club at Pearland KLVJ that has over 200 members and 7 planes and rarely had trouble getting one with sufficient notice of course. Not always the one I wanted, but something was usually there.

Most folks don't fly much, so there is more availability than you think. I think I'm still inactive with the club, but now with the travel air, I doubt I need to do anything more over there. Unless I want to learn to fly a tail dragger I suppose.

I joined the SWFC in the past year and have been extremely impressed with the club - a lot of top notch people in the club and the planes are in great shape compared to what I trained in. I am only rated for the 172 right now (they have 1 172 and 2 182's) and I rarely have trouble getting the plane. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

I am also looking for a club or partnership at CXO. I currently belong to the SWFC at Hooks and primarily fly the 182Ts. They are GREAT airplanes, but weekends are tough to book sometimes. At the end of the day, I live about 7 minutes from LoneStar, so that would be tremendous.

Let me know if you want to have a conversation. I've considered buying on my own, but don't fly enough to justify. I think a 2 or 3 way partnership would be awesome.

Back