Flight Aware

islandboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
islandboy
Any tips on tracking a private GA flight from Florida through the Bahamas?

It should have filed a DIFR plan. But, when I enter the tail number, I only see some old flight from about a decade ago.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

THere's no such thing as a DIFR plan. We have DVFR plans and IFR plans. Also FlightAware only gets feed from certain sources. From their FAQ:

How does FlightAware handle flights around the world? What is FlightAware's service area?

FlightAware's primary service area includes airspace operated by the United States (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto RIco, and Guam), Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, the United Kingdom, and France. Flights in the primary service area support real time maps, departure and arrival information, delays, and more.

Sorry about the typo on the plan...I mixed my metaphors.

The starting point of the flight is certainly originating from within the cited service areas...puzzling that there is no evidence of it.

THere's no such thing as a DIFR plan. We have DVFR plans and IFR plans. Also FlightAware only gets feed from certain sources. From their FAQ:

How does FlightAware handle flights around the world? What is FlightAware's service area?

FlightAware's primary service area includes airspace operated by the United States (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto RIco, and Guam), Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, the United Kingdom, and France. Flights in the primary service area support real time maps, departure and arrival information, delays, and more.

Does he have a block on the tracking? It's also possible that someone fat fingered the registration number wrong.

He 's the one who told me to look for him.

Is a block placed flight-by-flight, or is it something that an operator can set and forget? The plane recently changed hands.

Does he have a block on the tracking? It's also possible that someone fat fingered the registration number wrong.

He 's the one who told me to look for him.

Is a block placed flight-by-flight, or is it something that an operator can set and forget? The plane recently changed hands.

It is a set and forget.

There wasn't a block.

The DVFR flight from Florida through the Bahamas was not tracked. The IFR flight from Turks and Caicos to the northern Lesser Antilles was tracked and visible on Flightaware.

Back