Flight Aware - Said I landed in Concord today!?!

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
This morning I filed IFR from So Cal to Concord, a 2.5 hour flight in my Cirrus. I ended up going on a short VFR flight to Camarillo. I filed a plan there as well, VFR. I never offiicially opened either plan, but I did get flight following. I never even got an IFR clearance.

FlightAware sent an email to me and to my spouse saying I had taken off for Concord. Then it sent another e-mail saying I had landed in Concord! This is clearly a glitch in their system. My spouse thought I was in Nor Cal and in fact I was back home by 2pm.

Anyone else experienced this?

This morning I filed IFR from So Cal to Concord, a 2.5 hour flight in my Cirrus. I ended up going on a short VFR flight to Camarillo. I filed a plan there as well, VFR. I never offiicially opened either plan, but I did get flight following. I never even got an IFR clearance.

FlightAware sent an email to me and to my spouse saying I had taken off for Concord. Then it sent another e-mail saying I had landed in Concord! This is clearly a glitch in their system. My spouse thought I was in Nor Cal and in fact I was back home by 2pm.

Anyone else experienced this?
At least it didn’t say you took off In A Concord!!!

If FlightAware says you're in Concord then there's your alibi. Sounds like the plot of a movie in the making.

FlightAware has lot's of flights for me down in FL which I have only flown to once. Probably just a case of a controller entering the wrong tail number.

Flightaware isn't perfect, and never trust the weather depiction. It has shown me flying through thunderstorms when in reality we were many miles away from them.

I bet ATC picked up your filed plan when the grabbed you a squawk code. While you were never IFR, the computer had no way of telling that.

Back