Flight Attendant School

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Did anyone happen to catch frontiers "flight attendant school" on the travel channel tonight? Kinda neat. I have more respect for what they have to go through.
Lots of good avaiation programs are making their way to TV. Myth Busters had an aviation related bit last night, and wings to adventure on the outdoor channel was at Osh this week.

From what I saw in "A View from the Top" I was impressed, even though it was a fictional movie.

I had the pleasure of touring Delta flight ops back in Nov. 2004 & I was able to see what the flight attendants go through, and actually participate in some of their training activites. We even had a "mock crash" and slid down the emergency slide. Much fun. Remember: If you ever have to go out the slide...have your arms out in front of you so whoever is at the bottom of the slide can help catch you. DO NOT CROSS THEM ACROSS YOUR CHEST!!!!! THANK YOU MISS FAYE BROWN!!!!! Miss Faye...she's my girl. It was so much fun and educational at the same time. Flight attendants just dont serve drinks and snacks, they are there for your safety.

Here are some pictures I took:

1. Delta's pool for water landings.
2. Raft...they said that some people decided to take a raft out for a "float" and since the raft has an ELT on it, the people who stole it, well they were caught.

Attachments

• odds & ends 291.jpg
    odds & ends 291.jpg
    822.8 KB · Views: 25
  • odds & ends 292.jpg
    odds & ends 292.jpg
    819.7 KB · Views: 13
As part of my job I attend Delta Flight Attenant school. It was a lot of hard work that passengers would never know that each attendant has to know. Besides for jumping down slides, swimming and climbing in a life raft with eleven other passenger, and entering a smoke filled cabin, putting out the fire and opening the emergency door and climbing out with a PME on there is allot to know. We were taught to use the defib machines just incase your heart stops in flight. It was information overload then there is a written test you have to pass. Oh they also have to attend refresher school.

What to make a attendant day, ask how hard was their school. Many don't make it and wash out.

Stache

Stache said:
Oh they also have to attend refresher school.

Stache
Actually they have recurrent training once per year. (As well as making good hor d'oeuvres, Sue is a FA:) )

I caught two episodes this afternoon and was impressed with the training, albeit some of the footage was definately "made for t.v.". I'll look at flight attendants in a different light on my next commercial flight.

CAVU,
Kevin

:dunno: Anyone know what happened to the blonde trainer?
They had a in memory of at the end!!
Joe

Back